AC strart capacitor location?
This is crazy.
I want to replace the start and run caps on my Lennox split system. I'm trying to find out the location of the start cap. It's not by the run cap. Can't see it looking down at the compressor, past the fan. Haven't taken fan off yet, as I am having bad back pains. 
I called Lennox, and the person told me it doesn't have a start cap. I find that hard to believe.
I called the company that sells the part and no help. I've googled it to death No luck.
Anyone know the answer?
The model is acx-030-230-15. By now I have even memorized the model #!
Thanks
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
The capacitor is located under the cover on the side where the contactor is on pretty much every AC condenser ever made. It will be a single capacitor often a 45-5 one which the 45 lead goes to the compressor and the 5 goes to the fan but that value changes depending on the size of the unit.
Usually looks like this if it has 2 terminals but most will have 3.

[Image: 30D619_AS01?hei=536&wid=536&%24adapimg%24=]
(09-24-2020, 12:37 PM)Robert Adams Wrote: The capacitor is located under the cover on the side where the contactor is on pretty much every AC condenser ever made. It will be a single capacitor often a 45-5 one which the 45 lead goes to the compressor and the 5 goes to the fan but that value changes depending on the size of the unit.

Thats where I found the run cap and contactor. But no start cap.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
(09-24-2020, 11:51 AM)Pirate Wrote: This is crazy.
I want to replace the start and run caps on my Lennox split system. I'm trying to find out the location of the start cap. It's not by the run cap. Can't see it looking down at the compressor, past the fan. Haven't taken fan off yet, as I am having bad back pains. 
I called Lennox, and the person told me it doesn't have a start cap. I find that hard to believe.
I called the company that sells the part and no help. I've googled it to death No luck.
Anyone know the answer?
The model is acx-030-230-15. By now I have even memorized the model #!
Thanks

Ok Only one cap location is under the electrical bonnet 4 5/16 screws you'll see the cap 
get the specs think  its 70-7.5 I've seen them for 15-55 bucks
we always would get a dozen at a time during the summer
just make sure you connect the new one the same way
gave all my caps to a friend  got me a case of SAM
south vietnam war collage
Found out this ac unit doesn't have a start cap! Thought they all did.
All you need to do is look at the schematic on the unit. It will show the components.
(09-24-2020, 01:38 PM)Pirate Wrote: Found out this ac unit doesn't have a start cap! Thought they all did.

The one you found is the start capacitor which is also the cap for the fan as well. They all have just the one capacitor. Buy a US made one. They are about 4-5X the price of the import but much better. Also good to have a spare as well.
The one I bought was a run cap for compressor and fan. At least thats what it was listed as.
(09-24-2020, 04:52 PM)Pirate Wrote: The one I bought was a run cap for compressor and fan. At least thats what it was listed as.

It's a start/run capacitor. Does both since compressors don't have a way to use a mechanical switch to go from start to run windings. It's different.