Ridgid LSA
I have a bunch of Ridgid 18v tools, mostly because my wife won a contest years ago and won $5k in Ridgid power tools.  So I've just stuck mostly with Ridgid.

Had a 5ah battery go bad where it would discharge overnight just sitting there.  It was purchased with a tool, so it had their LSA. batteries purchased separately have I believe a 3 year warranty.

First time having a warranty claim with them, I called them up, told them the problem, they sent out a new battery. When I got the new one, I called them back registered the new one for the LSA....not sure why I couldn't do that on their website.

Out of 8 or 10 batteries that I own of theirs its the only one to have a problem.

Cool

LSA - Lifetime Service Agreement.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

That;s good to hear. Most of the news I see on LSA isn't that positive. I'm switching to Rigid cordless as my other stuff dies just for that reason.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I got a Ridgid 12V drill driver a number of years ago.  The batteries went out fairly quickly, then again a couple years later.  The repair shop, who replaced them over the counter, said they were doing a lot of them.  But the last set has been going for 10+ yrs.  So maybe it was an engineering problem.

One place where I volunteer work, we have over a dozen 18v drill/drivers and impact drivers.  Still going strong after 4 years.

I got the first Ridgid after 2 Makita drill's batteries went kaput as well as a Hitachi and a Metabo.

But with the LSA you have to do everything they ask you to register.
you go on their website, enter the info and you're registered.  seems easy enough.  I've done it for a couple dozen tools.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark