Major shop reset
Setting up for virtual.

If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning

Nice!

I believe that the standard mandatory question now is:
did you paint behind the terlet?  
Winkgrin

What venue are you going to be doing the virtual?
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
I gotta say you move a whole lot faster than I do.
Big Grin

(09-25-2020, 12:28 AM)iclark Wrote: Nice!

I believe that the standard mandatory question now is:
did you paint behind the terlet?  
Winkgrin

What venue are you going to be doing the virtual?

Zoom club meetings. Going forward I'd like to branch out beyond local demos. A demo on the west coast is a lot easier with zoom from my own shop. Also trying to provide a space for other local demonstrators. I do not believe we will be seeing in person club meetings for a while here in PA.
 The second hall a$$ed contractor did not paint behind the terlet, and did not get paid the additional $400 he requested
If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning

(09-25-2020, 09:40 PM)AnthonyYak Wrote: Zoom club meetings. Going forward I'd like to branch out beyond local demos. A demo on the west coast is a lot easier with zoom from my own shop. Also trying to provide a space for other local demonstrators. I do not believe we will be seeing in person club meetings for a while here in PA.
 The second hall a$$ed contractor did not paint behind the terlet, and did not get paid the additional $400 he requested

Our local club is Tidewater Turners of Virginia. We've been doing the zoom demos for a few months now.

When you get ready to branch out, I could put you in contact with our meeting organizer if you would like.

We just had the first zoom demo by one our club members. It was on turning lattice-cut box lids (lattice as in the trivots). It went at least as well as the early zoom demos our club had a few months ago by pro turners. The biggest challenge was getting enough light without having it saturate the camera.

FWIW, when he did picture-in-picture to show a top-down view in one view and a tailstock-end view from the other, the small zoom window was _way_ too small to be really useful. I only have a pair of 1920x1200 24" monitors, but I do not think that larger monitors would have really helped.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Well for me I am to lazy to sweep; I would rather vacuum which I do almost every time I am in there.  Today I was hurting to much and to tired so I have about 40 gallons of chips to get up tomorrow, but I did ask my wife to help.  
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.