Dewalt 705 miter saw switch
Has anyone had to replace the trigger switch on a Dewalt 705 saw? Mine has gone bad. I ordered a replacement, but the exact switch is now obsolete. There is a new switch that will work but it's sold as a 'kit' since you have to replace the handle that houses the switch to accommodate the larger size of the new switch. The kit is about $60. So I swallow hard and order the kit which has a 3 week order time. It's now 3 weeks later and I'm informed the kit is on back order. I just went out and bought a new DW715 saw for about $200, but I wouldn't mind putting the old one back in service as a spare. I've thought of ordering just the switch (available for $10) and seeing if I can use a Dremel to do a little reworking of the handle to make it fit. Anyone been down this road?
(09-24-2020, 05:34 PM)ed kerns Wrote: Has anyone had to replace the trigger switch on a Dewalt 705 saw? Mine has gone bad. I ordered a replacement, but the exact switch is now obsolete. There is a new switch that will work but it's sold as a 'kit' since you have to replace the handle that houses the switch to accommodate the larger size of the new switch. The kit is about $60. So I swallow hard and order the kit which has a 3 week order time. It's now 3 weeks later and I'm informed the kit is on back order. I just went out and bought a new DW715 saw for about $200, but I wouldn't mind putting the old one back in service as a spare. I've thought of ordering just the switch (available for $10) and seeing if I can use a Dremel to do a little reworking of the handle to make it fit. Anyone been down this road?

Check ebay for a switch or parts saw.    I bet the new "kit" includes the "saftey" flipper thingy which is F%$#%n annoying.
(09-24-2020, 08:45 PM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: Check ebay for a switch or parts saw.    I bet the new "kit" includes the "saftey" flipper thingy which is F%$#%n annoying.

I'll check that. Yeah, the new saw has that kind of trigger. It's going to take some getting used to.
(09-24-2020, 09:24 PM)ed kerns Wrote: I'll check that. Yeah, the new saw has that kind of trigger. It's going to take some getting used to.

My DW705 switch died several years ago. I replaced switch and a new handle to accommodate new switch. Been working great ever sense.
(09-29-2020, 04:44 PM)Oldwood2409 Wrote: My DW705 switch died several years ago. I replaced switch and a new handle to accommodate new switch. Been working great ever sense.

Yeah, I bought another saw after the parts were back ordered. I'll probably still order the parts again and fix the old one, but there is something wrong when a new saw cost $200 and a new switch is $60.