Bostich Pancake Compressor Died
I have had 'er about twenty years. 6 gal model.  I have certainly gotten my money's worth.  Ten years ago, my guy replaced a bad seal while I was in the hospital that allowed a slow leak.  Five years ago, I replace the main pressure gauge, leak.  Worked fine yesterday, but today it didn't want to shut off when it reached max pressure.  
No. That's no good. 
Uhoh

We finished the job by watching both pressures closely, and manually turning the pump on and off to top off tank pressue.  I looked up the rebuild kit.  $78 with shipping.  This was the pressure switch assembly, and installation kit, which includes a brass fitting, steel washer, and the most important... Fiber Washer.  Three to five days, seven at the outside.  Caught a new Porter Cable 6 gal, at HD for $115 out the door.  I'm good with that.  
Big Grin

They advertised the Dewalt 6 gal with an 18 gauge nailer for 169.  None in stock and you can't order the sale item.  The regular kit price, $229.  No other HD within 150 miles had one either. 
Upset

I could have ordered JUST the Dewalt compressor. Same as the one offered in the package, but no extras. $169.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
PC will be fine most likely. Mine is going on 20 years now, bought for a jobsite compressor.
Currently is it hooked into my shop air system. I use air a lot less now, so I run it instead of my two 60g compressors.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I have a 60 gallon for the shop, its too big to drag around for small projects on the farm or in the house, so I replaced the 6 gallon pancake. 
Smile

I haven't tossed the bostich, I might order the parts if my son wants it, fix it and give it to him, or my daughter. But... Sheesh... I could buy another new on for thirty dollars more.
Jim in Okie
My dewalt stopped working, got the same PC for around $100, going good for 4 years so far.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
https://www.harborfreight.com/2-gallon-1...64596.html

I got this one a few months ago ... runs all my tools w/o issue ... and it is VERY quite ... unbelievably quiet!
Life is what happens when you're not paying attention.
The PC pancakes are bulletproof....a local gas station/party store chain uses them, free air for tires.
They sit outside the store 24/7/365, just keep on running.....

Ed
Got the new compressor unboxed yesterday, fired up and run up to pressure.  Shut off at 150 as advertised.  I unplugged it and left er sit for two hours.  Came back out.  Pressure was at 148.  That works for me. 
Big Grin. The real test will come when we run the tools off it.  Don't expect any problems. 
Big Grin
Jim in Okie