How do you repair a conveyor belt?
(09-29-2020, 08:12 AM)Admiral Wrote: Great story.  I write business and legal documents for a living and have been trying for years to bury the word "Merkin" into one, but it has to be in context and make sense.  No success yet.

Want me to get my wife to working on it?

Big Grin
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
Just buy a new belt. 

If Klingspor can’t sell you a replacement, 2Sand.com can custom make any size belt.

The tape on sanding belts is NOT forever. Belts have a shelf life, after which they are subject to early tape failure.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
Isn't there some kind of mesh belt, or something that isn't abrasive paper? Has anyone had any experience with them?
Can you "stitch" (or lace it)  it together using fishing line?

It turns out that there are many kits out there for repairing conveyor belts.  Most seem to use "staples".

https://www.google.com/search?client=fir...repair+kit
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I think most conveyor belt applications don't have a problem with a little bump on the once-around.  Seems like that would cause a problem with a sander
(10-03-2020, 09:50 PM)EricU Wrote: I think most conveyor belt applications don't have a problem with a little bump on the once-around.  Seems like that would cause a problem with a sander

I'll bet they do, I would think that even a little bump in the belt would lift the work piece into the sanding drum slightly.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I was trying to say that sanding conveyors shouldn't have a bump like the one that would come with staples.
(10-04-2020, 09:13 PM)EricU Wrote: I was trying to say that sanding conveyors shouldn't have a bump like the one that would come with staples.

Gotcha, didn't read carefully enough (again). Sorry.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(09-28-2020, 09:11 PM)6270_Productions Wrote: Years later in a letter to the battalion commander after my retirement I explained to him about the serial number on his "thanks for being here" gift from the battalion and hand-built by me.  My chance of going from E-6 to E-7 were zero - 6270.

I comfort myself with the idea he gets to think about that every time he sees that gift sitting on his shelf.

Yea, I am just that kind of guy.  
Winkgrin

I love it! 

See ya later,
Bill
(10-07-2020, 09:13 AM)Bill_de Wrote: I love it! 

I would bet the Commander does not

- but I really don't care.  
Winkgrin
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.