Looking for DeWalt RAS Info
My neighbor called me over this weekend and he was gifted this RAS from a friend of his.  Model #500268  

Not much luck figuring out a manufacturer date on this one.  I assume in the 60's presumably from the SN.

He is wanting to sell it and I don't have room for it.  Any idea of an asking price?  It is located in central Indiana

Any other information worth noting?

The motor sounds very good!

"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
The motor was made in 1964, and that's typically assumed to be close to the date the rest of the saw was made. The model number you listed isn't it.  It's essentially a 925, that saw was relabeled a 1400 and upsized to a 10" blade in later years.. It is considered one of the desirable saw from the Dewalt line up. I've had 2. I bought one that was more-or-less in the condition you show and paid $40 for it. I also bought one that was ready to use (other than a tune up) and paid $75 for it. I've seen them go for up to $150, but it has to be a little more turn key than yours. there should be a tag on the left front of the frame that has the actual model number of the saw on it. My guess is that it's a 1400.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
That ripping pawl could probably be removed without affecting the sale value of the rest of the saw too much.  That pawl is often missing and made of unobtanium.  People refurbishing their machines are constantly looking for these. They usually sell for about $25 or so.  A guy in Canada had a few @ $40/each for the 12-14” models.
One thing to look for is the condition of the motor bearings. On saws that old, the grease in the bearings can dry out, so the saw blade will spin endlessly when power is cut. Normally the grease would slow the blade down much more quickly. Problem comes when the bearing gets too hot and without grease it can and will probably seize. But it will seem super smooth....

Bearings are easy enough to replace if you aren't afraid of opening the motor up. I referred to that saw as a square arm as opposed to a round arm. Its cast iron and should last forever. On the bearings that the motor carriage rides on, those may not be the smoothest, but they can be refurbished which is good, because you probably cant source those, unlike the actual motor bearings which are still available.

Two forums to check into if you get the saw, the Delphi Dewalt forum and OWWM.org

http://people.delphiforums.com/snotzalot/sawdust/
http://owwm.org/index.php
In the cosmetic shape it's in, i'd ball park it at $50-$75--mostly because folks don't find an RAS to be desirable, so even the good ones take a hit on pricing. That looks to be a good one if the arm ways are not too badly worn (which i doubt since it was likely a hobbyist's saw) I don't need another, and don't have space--but i'm in NW Indiana and would buy it to keep it from being scrapped if it comes to that. To me, a solid, well-tuned 10" RAS makes more sense than a miter saw for woodworking and the footprint isn't all that different than a SCMS on a decent mobile stand. Pretty good chance the 90 and 45 stops on that saw are spot-on, so with bearings, a new table and proper blade...probably a very good saw.
earl
Klaz, any of this help?
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Thanks for all the information.  Appreciate the feedback and will pass this along to my neighbor.

Kris
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
It's true that if you were to sell the saw, that's what you'd get.  But if you wanted a saw for woodworking, you couldn't get anything close to the quality of that saw for several multiples of the price, except if you were lucky finding other old iron.
If you can get $50.00 for it I would take it.
Id say $50 tops also. It's a low power saw. Only 10 amps. I would run a 8" or 9" blade on it for more cutting power.  When you need more depth of cut, put the 10 back on, and cut slow.
On my Dewalt 7790, 12" ras rated at 3 1/2hp. LOL! I run my ts blades on it. Cuts very well. Motor is 17 amps, Maybe true 1 3/4 hp.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer