Landing and stairs
We’re changing our home’s side entrance.
It’s an 8’ wide enclosed, covered screen landing with 2 steps and a long walkway.
The walkway is gone.
Mrs. wants an 8’ X 5’ landing added with steps on the 3 sides.
The landing will be 24” above grade.

The plan was 2 steps per side each connected through the outside corners via angled steps.

Question:
Would it be safer to angle the exterior corners of the landing and have longer angled steps or leave it square?
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
The question is not clear to me and perhaps others. Or it  might just be me. Can you add a sketch of some sort?
if you have a 24" rise, i think youre going to want more than 2 steps
2 steps gives an 8 inch rise, right? That should be ok.

I've seen it done without the 45 degree and looks fine. I'd not cut corners on the platform either way.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
A picture would really help
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Three treads 11-12" with four 6" risers.  Extend the corners so they meet at a miter.  

This will look the best and you wont have the dangerous tall 8" risers.
WoodNET... the new safespace
(09-29-2020, 09:07 AM)Splinter Puller Wrote: Three treads 11-12" with four 6" risers.  Extend the corners so they meet at a miter.  

This will look the best and you wont have the dangerous tall 8" risers.

I understand what you are asking, and I agree that you should put a stringer (or double stringer) at each corner and miter the steps so they meet at the corner.  This will look the best.  I would also go with 6" risers and 3 steps.

(09-29-2020, 07:03 AM)Mr_Mike Wrote: 2 steps gives an 8 inch rise, right?   That should be ok.

I've seen it done without the 45 degree and looks fine.  I'd not cut corners on the platform either way.

i should wake up and get some caffeine before replying. i was thinking a tread and the 2nd being the deck surface= 2 steps.
you might want to look into what code in your area has for rise dimensions. not within code could lead to problems in the future.
Code is 7-3/4”. I can adjust the 1/4” per riser.

We have a guy coming to shoot the grade between the driveway and the forthcoming landing.
We expect they’ll recommend a berm several inches high to divert water from running across this entrance from south to north.
Said berm would reduce the height above grade several inches.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.