Need advise about D/C Ducting
I am selling the rest of my roses with vases so one of the things I can do it put in tubing and drops for my Dust Collector.

Coming out of my DC is 7" and I have a flex duct that is 7" and to go into 6" PVC on the ceiling and going several places to drop down for Lathe, Tablesaw, 2 bandsaws in two different places and one drop for 6" Jointer and 15" Planer.

What type of 6" PVC from Menards or Home Depot do I need and Wyes and 45's that are PVC as well??

I need ones that flow well and will not restrect the air flow but not a ton of $$

Links to what you suggest is best for me.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Arlin, I'm sure what HD has, but Menards carries a 6" PVC that is ASTM D 3034 that will work. It comes in 10' sticks for about $25. This isn't the best stuff, it's very heavy. If someone near you has the ASTM D 2729 it's quite a bit lighter and may (ot not) be a little cheaper. Menards will have the wyes and els, the same ones will fit both of those pipes. Most of my ducting is the 2729, but when I went to add some to it, I had to get the 3034 from Menards. When you get the wyes and els, just make sure they are the ones made for thinwall pipe. You really won't find wyes, generally most of us use what's called a "sanitary tee".

Here's the pipe at Menards

Here's the elbows that fit that pipe.

The tees. You really won't find wyes, generally most of us use what's called a "sanitary tee".

You'll notice the fittings are what cost the most.
[url=https://www.menards.com/main/plumbing/pipe-fittings/pvc-pipe-fittings/solid-pvc-sewer-and-drain-pipe-astm-d3034/sm060040600/plumbing/pipe-fittings/pvc-pipe-fittings/solid-pvc-sewer-and-drain-pipe-astm-d3034/sm060060600/p-1444438060934.htm][/url]
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Arlin - When I had 6” PVC, I went to a landscape supply shop and they provided me with what’s known as “sewer & drain” PVC (that’s the ASTM D 2729 referred to above) and it was a bit cheaper than the traditional Schedule 40 stuff. I don’t know if always the case, but the stuff I had was a light green color, and as Fred says it is a lot lighter and easier to use. Landscape suppliers have this stuff in pipes up to 12” long where I live.

When putting it together, I did not glue it. I just used foil tape at the joints and strapped it to hang from the ceiling.

Good luck.
(10-04-2020, 02:43 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I am selling the rest of my roses with vases so one of the things I can do it put in tubing and drops for my Dust Collector.

Coming out of my DC is 7" and I have a flex duct that is 7" and to go into 6" PVC on the ceiling and going several places to drop down for Lathe, Tablesaw, 2 bandsaws in two different places and one drop for 6" Jointer and 15" Planer.

What type of 6" PVC from Menards or Home Depot do I need and Wyes and 45's that are PVC as well??

I need ones that flow well and will not restrect the air flow but not a ton of $$

Links to what you suggest is best for me.

Try this pipe, 3" x 10' Solid PVC Sewer and Drain Pipe ASTM D2729

Model Number: 3x10ASTM2729Solid Menards® SKU: 68996133", 4", 6" It is thin wall,much cheaper and lighter than schedule 40, they have matching fittings too
3" x 10' Solid PVC Sewer and Drain Pipe ASTM D2729

Model Number: 3x10ASTM2729Solid Menards® SKU: 6899613 This thin wall, lighter and cheaper than schedule 40. they have matching fittings too.
Cecil
Here's a link to the 6" size of the pipe listed above:

https://www.menards.com/main/plumbing/pi...=-1&ipos=2
I used the 6" 2729 pipe and then these two fittings with a short section of straight pipe between them to avoid abrupt 90 degree bends.  I just rely on the friction fit - no glue or tape.

https://www.menards.com/main/plumbing/pi...784889.htm

https://www.menards.com/main/plumbing/pi...785473.htm

Note that when you get to the page there is a pull down for 3". 4" and 6".

There is also a 6" x 6" x 4" wye if you want to add a 4" drop somewhere but leave the main trunk at 6". It is also in the pull down on the "wye" page.