Standing up a bandsaw
(10-06-2020, 09:40 AM)cpolubin Wrote: The saw does have a support bolt on the top but I'd been told by a salesman at the local woodworking store (they sell Laguna but not Rikon) that he'd heard you shouldn't use it to lift the saw. That's why I was asking. But after thinking a bit I couldn't think of what else it could be used for. So I sent an email to tech support last night and they responded this morning that yes, you can use the support bolt to upright the saw.

Thanks for all the input.

Cliff

Well that's interesting.  I would not have thought they would say that would be a good idea.  The eye bolt(s) are meant for vertical lifting, not a lateral load.  That's why I used a sling around the spine when I lifted my saw.  If you do it using the eyebolts I would put washers under the head until the eyebolt is vertical when tightened.  That will be the strongest orientation.   

John