WANT TO BUY: Lie Nielsen 140 Skew Block Plane
Looking to buy LN skew block plane, LEFT handed, with NICKER. Let me know if you have one collecting dust. Happy to pay full list price plus shipping. Thanks!

I'm out of touch. Did Lie-Nielsen stop producing this plane?
When I contacted LN, they could not tell me when it will be available again. Its no longer on their website. I suspect that this might be one of the slower sellers (in comparison to the No. 4 smoother or low angle jack) and, again conjecture on my part, may be available in limited runs from time to time in the future.

(10-07-2020, 10:33 PM)Cian Wrote: I'm out of touch. Did Lie-Nielsen stop producing this plane?
They have a lot of stuff out of production right now. I think with the current craziness they are having to focus on their best sellers.

Sorry I can't help you Phillip I have been looking for the same one. I wonder if enough of us asked them they would do a small run?
I wonder? You can already see the LN prices on ebay going up significantly: lots of people trying to get rich quick!

(10-08-2020, 03:35 PM)mongo Wrote: They have a lot of stuff out of production right now.  I think with the current craziness they are having to focus on their best sellers.

Sorry I can't help you Phillip I have been looking for the same one.  I wonder if enough of us asked them they would do a small run?
Still looking for one of these.
As an option -

I think the Stanley 140 and Miller's Falls 7 skew block planes only came in right hand versions, but Veritas makes a left handed model of theirs -

https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/too...HoEALw_wcB
That is definitely an option, but their blade has a skew angle of 15 degrees, while the LN has a 12 degree skew angle. Since I use the LN honing guide with the skew jaws, I'd like to get the one that is compatible with the honing guide. I am also partial to LN tools, so looks like I will be in a holding pattern until they start producing them again (or someone decides to part with one).

(10-11-2020, 06:34 PM)Phil S. Wrote: As an option -

I think the Stanley 140 and Miller's Falls 7 skew block planes only came in right hand versions, but Veritas makes a left handed model of theirs -

https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/too...HoEALw_wcB
Will also consider a right hand version.
Hey, does anyone know if Lee Valley takes PayPal?