WANT TO BUY: Lie Nielsen 140 Skew Block Plane
I don't know? You should probably check with LV on that.

(10-12-2020, 09:41 AM)med-one Wrote: Hey, does anyone know if Lee Valley takes PayPal?
Interestingly, I noticed that the L-N Bronze #3 was not available when I first replied to this post. (It's maybe the last L-N I still "need.") With that said, the #3 is now available for ordering, but I figure the 140 may still be limited due to lack of demand vs simple availability of raw material.
The clear impression I got from talking to the good folks at LN is that they are flat out with limited production capability and increased demand: tough situation to be in. They are focusing on the higher volume tools where the biggest demand is: makes sense. I would not have guessed that a no. 3 was in the high demand category, but I have a very modest set of bench planes and never even considered a no. 3: not to malign its usefulness or desirability. I have to guess that the 140 is a low volume seller.

(10-13-2020, 06:09 PM)Cian Wrote: Interestingly, I noticed that the L-N Bronze #3 was not available when I first replied to this post.  (It's maybe the last L-N I still "need.")  With that said, the #3 is now available for ordering, but I figure the 140 may still be limited due to lack of demand vs simple availability of raw material.