Recommendation requested
I am rebuilding a chaise lounge recliner made out of teak. It consists of a long rectangle with 3 incgh slats running crosswise . They are mounted on stringers which are attached to the main longitudinal frame. Water has seeped in between the cross slats and stringers and caused some rot in the wood. The strangers are r reusuable and I can change the location of the cross slats. I would like to get rid of the rotten wood or fill it with something. My question . therefore. is what would you all recommend as a "rotten wood filler" to fill up the holes. Thanks for any input.
There was a time I would have suggested Bondo, and that may still be a good choice. But when I learned of the JB Weld Epoxy filler I switched to that and like it a lot better. I see there are some clones available that are probably just as good (Amaxon) and less expensive.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Teak?  Rotted?

https://www.goldenteak.com/tprops.htm

Teak is world wide recognized for its durability and stability, The timber is immense stable, has a high oil content that works as "built-in" natural water repellent and is therefore virtually immune to rotting, fungi and harsh chemicals. Teak is one of the few timbers that can withstand the heat of the desert and will not readily catch fire.

Untreated teak can be left in the open for more than 30 years whilst becoming an attractive soft silver color. Teak is one of the timbers not susceptible to termite (white ants) attacks.
Teak will not turn black when in contact with metals.

Appearance
Teak has a great beauty. It is generally fine to coarsely grained, even texture, medium luster and an oily feel. Yellow brown to dark golden brown heartwood and grayish or white sapwood.

Physical properties
Teak has a high degree of natural durability, is moderately hard and heavy with low stiffness and shock resistance but an excellent decay resistance and dimensional stability with a good acid resistance.

Use
Exterior and interior, indoor and outdoor furniture, ship decks.

https://medium.com/@rollinglogs/teak-woo...49cd5d9253

Teak Wood: Real Vs Fake check
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
There is an epoxy out there meant for outdoor use.  You can add a color to it.  Works great.  There is also a wood filler similar to bondo.  I found then at Menard's.  I would guess HD and Lowes would have it also.  Both are very strong.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.