Onefinity CNC vs X Carve Pro
Has anyone purchased one of these or considering purchasing one?

Also, did any of you see the introduction of the new X Carve Pro yesterday? It has quite the price tag on it.
Grant

"GO BUCKEYES"
(10-07-2020, 06:05 AM)gad5264 Wrote: Has anyone purchased one of these or considering purchasing one?

Also, did any of you see the introduction of the new X Carve Pro yesterday? It has quite the price tag on it.

Xcarve are super lightweight hobby machines that are "cheap". Folks buy them because they are cheap and have a community of users and easy software. 

We can talk specifics about the build if you want. I don't want to sound to negative on my own lol. 

I build my own machines and retrofit industrial machines have for a long time. Cheap machines get asked about a lot.

As to the pro, they get away with charging $6K because people charge $10K and $17K for heavier duty machines and $6K for similar machines. You can charge what some people will pay.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(10-07-2020, 07:06 AM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: Xcarve are super lightweight hobby machines that are "cheap". Folks buy them because they are cheap and have a community of users and easy software. 

We can talk specifics about the build if you want. I don't want to sound to negative on my own lol. 

I build my own machines and retrofit industrial machines have for a long time. Cheap machines get asked about a lot.

As to the pro, they get away with charging $6K because people charge $10K and $17K for heavier duty machines and $6K for similar machines. You can charge what some people will pay.

I was just completely shocked of the X-Carve Pro price after the introductory price wears off. $12K for a 48x48 seems completely insane in my opinion.
Grant

"GO BUCKEYES"
I wasn't aware of the Pro models.

Wow.

I've been happy with my Carbide3D Shapeoko, fits in nicely between low and pro.

Still I wouldn't mind something with a stiffer z-axis design. I think I'd like a Tormach or something of that caliber.
Just saw the advertisement for the x-carve pro.
It looks to be a very different machine from the x-carve.

The pro has linear glides and ball screws as opposed to the regular x-carve which is belt drive with v-wheels on aluminum extrusion. They are completely different classes of machine.

Kind of like comparing a bench top direct drive saw, which will get the job done but You will have to work around it’s limitations
Compared to a 5hp unisaw with Biesemeyer fence (the pro)
You can cut a lot more with it and push it harder.

I have had 4 x-carves and sold all of them, they are good beginner machines and you can do good work with them, but I built a home build with 80/20 linear slides and rack and pinion drive that’s much more robust, faster, and overall more enjoyable to use for just under 5k