In search of thin-kerf riving knife
I'm not able to find a thin-kerf riving knife for my G1023RLWX table saw. Any one know where I can find one? Thanks
Just curious, why use a TK blade on that saw?
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(10-08-2020, 09:39 AM)USS-DDG2 Wrote: I'm not able to find a thin-kerf riving knife for my G1023RLWX table saw. Any one know where I can find one? Thanks

Get out your grinder.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
What are you trying to do? 

Out of curiosity, I'd bet it's my application. Since I do almost no crosscutting on the table saw, I use a circular saw blade for ripping. This saves material (1/16" kerf) and makes it easier on the motor. The downside is that it limits safety features, like the riving knife and the blade guard.

There isn't a good solution, though you can grind down an existing metal replacement one or an alternative splitter (like the MJ available on Amazon). That is ABS plastic around stainless, and the plastic comes off quite easily.
Get a piece of .0625" metal and make one. ?
(10-08-2020, 09:39 AM)USS-DDG2 Wrote: I'm not able to find a thin-kerf riving knife for my G1023RLWX table saw. Any one know where I can find one? Thanks

Not sure this would work for you but a guy I bought  General 350 from used one from a Sawstop on the General
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

I bet Lee over at Sharkguard can make you one if he doesn’t already have one for that saw already.
Here’s Sawstop’s TK riving knife.  Modifiable to your needs?

https://sawstop.3dcartstores.com/20mm-Ri..._p_89.html
(10-10-2020, 09:42 PM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: I bet Lee over at Sharkguard can make you one if he doesn’t already have one for that saw already.

Good idea - I think nowadays that would be Lee's son. 

Shark Guard Riving Knives

Doug
If you are looking for a piece of metal to cut one out using an angle grinder, the plate of a dull thin kerf blade is perfect.