In search of thin-kerf riving knife
(10-12-2020, 09:46 AM)Alan S Wrote: If you are looking for a piece of metal to cut one out using an angle grinder, the plate of a dull thin kerf blade is perfect.

I've made a riving knife and a few other items from saw blades and old rusty handsaw blades. Good hard material.
Wink 
There are dozens of threads on this subject for this saw.  But no answers.

I would just get a full-thickness saw blade.  I have a thin kerf blade and it is useful for ripping as there is less cutting resistance.  But the narrow kerf means it wants to bind up easier.  I start the cut, and then kill the motor and wedge in a piece of shim stock and then start over again.  A wedge in the cut end is as effective as a riving knife.

You can also make the cut in two passes; only cutting through half the thickness on the first pass to reduce power demands.

But mostly I just use my regular blade.

https://www.google.com/search?client=fir...CAw&uact=5
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I had a similar issue for a Shop Fox cabinet saw: the splitter that came with the saw was not only overly thick, but was also not in line with the saw blade. I bent it as much as I could to align with the blade. Next I had one of my employees surface grind the splitter until it worked. A bit of upfront pain, but it has worked well ever since.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Quote:There are dozens of threads on this subject for this saw.  But no answers.

um............. I gave the answer back in post 17 of this thread.  
Rolleyes
(10-17-2020, 09:50 PM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: um............. I gave the answer back in post 17 of this thread.  
Rolleyes

Agreed - is the OP still around???

Doug
(10-17-2020, 09:50 PM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: um............. I gave the answer back in post 17 of this thread.  
Rolleyes

??Post 17 is my post.  The first page of this thread seems to start with post #11.  Very confused.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(10-19-2020, 09:43 AM)Cooler Wrote: ??Post 17 is my post.  The first page of this thread seems to start with post #11.  Very confused.

Can’t help you with the numbering or how our browsers interpret threads.  

The answer was the sixth response to the O.P.’s orig. question.
The original post is #18 as I see it.

Sometthin strange a goin on here.

This post is showing #18. WTH?
(10-21-2020, 01:16 PM)daddo Wrote: The original post is #18 as I see it.

This post is showing #18.    WTH?

It's #19 now. I keep wondering if the OP has a solution from the suggestions.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(10-21-2020, 01:16 PM)daddo Wrote: The original post is #18 as I see it.

This post is showing #18.    WTH?

This is not new, but maybe random???

https://forums.woodnet.net/printthread.php?tid=7325168
See ya later,
Bill