Teknatool woes - disappointed
I was also treated terribly by customer service. They do not stand behind their product and look for reasons to not help.  

FYI, they are not an American firm but an Australian one. After my problem with the US office, I wondered if the Mother company knew how the US office was treating customers.
(10-27-2020, 07:59 AM)taxman Wrote: I was also treated terribly by customer service. They do not stand behind their product and look for reasons to not help.  

FYI, they are not an American firm but an Australian one. After my problem with the US office, I wondered if the Mother company knew how the US office was treating customers.

They are not Australian.  They are from New Zealand.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
This thread is a perfect example of how easy it is to ruin a companies reputation. I had my own business for 15 years designing and installing factory automation systems. More than once, I ended up paying a customer to let me do a job for them. That's a bit of an exaggeration but the point is, I spent so much time figuring out the problem that the profit was basically non-existent.  Whether the problem ended up being with my control system, didn't matter. I would hang in there until it was right. The result of that effort usually meant I got all of their business after that. You can spend years building a stellar reputation and ruin it with one bad customer service experience. I'm not implying that Teknatool had a stellar reputation to begin with, obviously they don't, just stressing how important customer service is.
(11-04-2020, 11:55 AM)FrankAtl Wrote: This thread is a perfect example of how easy it is to ruin a companies reputation.

Yes and No.

If a company has a poor or little track record, its reputation can be damaged when someone is unhappy with its customer service and share his experience. But we can be sure businesses like Lie Nielsen, Lee Valley Tools and the like have their share of dissatisfied customers, too. If those customers share their unhappy stories, I doubt those businesses' well-established reputations would be ruined because of that.

Simon
So how come my cable/internet service provider can continue to have such bad service? Of course their day is coming too. Then they will wonder why?
(10-17-2020, 07:23 PM)iclark Wrote: Probably not much harder than finding replacement parts for a Delta machine from that era.

Somebody with a lathe, drill press and welder could repair or fabricate many parts for a Delta machine from that era.  It seems like there's a little more involved in fabricating an integrated circuit.
(11-04-2020, 08:40 PM)toolmiser Wrote: So how come my cable/internet service provider can continue to have such bad service?  Of course their day is coming too.  Then they will wonder why?

They're often the only game in town. That's not usually the case with home/small shop power tools.
(11-10-2020, 04:45 AM)kurt18947 Wrote: Somebody with a lathe, drill press and welder could repair or fabricate many parts for a Delta machine from that era.  It seems like there's a little more involved in fabricating an integrated circuit.

Laugh
Laugh In this day and age, it might be easier to find someone with enough Raspberry Pi and CNC skills to put together a home-built controller than it is to find a machinist who can fabricate and heat-treat a wishbone for a mechanical variable speed (Reeve's drive) machine tool.

Ten years ago, I probably would have simply agreed with you.

and, yes, I did spend more than 10yrs of my career doing research on semiconductor growth and device fab.
Winkgrin
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(11-04-2020, 08:40 PM)toolmiser Wrote: So how come my cable/internet service provider can continue to have such bad service?  Of course their day is coming too.  Then they will wonder why?

Worth listening to about the politics of local cable service:

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/29/865908114...g-internet
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis