Question about Leigh dovetail jigs
I was reading literature about a Leigh dovetail jig and it makes reference to "full pitch through dovetails" and "half pitch through dovetails". What is the difference?

Thanks in advance!

T.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
(10-09-2020, 01:08 PM)Tony Z Wrote: I was reading literature about a Leigh dovetail jig and it makes reference to "full pitch through dovetails" and "half pitch through dovetails".  What is the difference?

Thanks in advance!

T.

I have no idea.  I've used my D4R Pro for years and have never heard those terms. Just looked at the User Guide and there's no section on those. Could be something new.

Joel
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972
USAF Retired Aug 31, 1994
Santa Rosa County, Fl Retired Jun 1, 2012
Now just a hobbiest enjoying woodworking!
I was going to look in the manual as well, now I don't have to. But I don't recall hearing those terms....bu then my D4 is one of the older ones.  I was thinking it might be something new.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
They refer to the distance between the centers of two through tails; about 1-1/2" for full pitch and 3/4" for half pitch. So pitch is just spacing. Hope it helps.

Simon
(10-10-2020, 08:25 AM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: They refer to the distance between the centers of two through tails; about 1-1/2" for full pitch and 3/4" for half pitch. So pitch is just spacing. Hope it helps.

Simon

Thanks Simon. I was just search the Leigh site and what they refer to as full & half pitch was the spacing between tails. After searching Google, and not fibding reference to those terms anywhere, it also appears that these are just Leigh terms.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com