Cutting Board Question
I'm planning on building an end grain cutting board for my daughter-in-law with hard maple and walnut. The hard maple is from the lumber yard and was kiln dried, but the walnut is not, but has been air drying for well over 15 years (possibly more than 20) When I bought the walnut, it had been stored in a garage attic for many years.

Will gluing up these materials together cause any issues down line? 

Thanks!
A wise man once said, "All woodworkers make mistakes. A good woodworker can hide them."
Mrs G has been using a maple, cherry, black walnut cutting board I built for about 10 years w/o issues.
The girls each have several I made for them many years ago.
You should be fine.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Thanks Gary.

Do you see any issues with one material kiln dried and the other air dried?
A wise man once said, "All woodworkers make mistakes. A good woodworker can hide them."
As long as the MC of everything is the same it won't make any difference.  It doesn't matter much how the wood was dried, as long as it was.  

John
(10-10-2020, 06:41 AM)Darknight Wrote: ...it had been stored in a garage attic for many years.

I'm with John.  At this point, the wood doesn't care how it got to the specific moisture content.

Air dried walnut is always more visually interesting to me.