Painting my office
Sooo! LOML picked out the paint (with my opinion 
Big Grin) We painted the office 2 days ago. Whiles I was rolling the paint I kept thinking my military awards and BB stuff will be hanging on a pink wall 
Sarcasm But she says it's not pink, it's mauve. A VERY light mauve. 
Crazy

Just Saying.

Jim
Jim
Funny, my home office at the old farm was Khaki and Scarlett.  The khaki for the shirts we wore, and the scarlett accent wall was the same color as the blood stripe on the dress blue pants. 
Cool

I'm sure the mauve will look nice.  We got used to the "kiss" of faint pink in the guest bathroom ceiling. Eventually. 
Laugh
But seriously, real men can deal with pink.  When I had to wear a suit to court. Charcoal Gray suit, mauve shirt, scarlet tie.  (Dark Brown Miami Classic Rig for the Glock... 
Smirk)
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
(10-12-2020, 08:44 AM)BrokenOlMarine Wrote: Funny, my home office at the old farm was Khaki and Scarlett.  The khaki for the shirts we wore, and the scarlett accent wall was the same color as the blood stripe on the dress blue pants. 
Cool

I'm sure the mauve will look nice.  We got used to the "kiss" of faint pink in the guest bathroom ceiling. Eventually. 
Laugh
But seriously, real men can deal with pink.  When I had to wear a suit to court. Charcoal Gray suit, mauve shirt, scarlet tie.  (Dark Brown Miami Classic Rig for the Glock... 
Smirk)

I used to wear a pink dress shirt, still do on Sundays. In fact I wore a pink shirt to a job interview, got the job and a few years later my boss said that had a lot do with her hiring me.
After 22+  years in the infantry I'm not insecure about my masculinity. It sounds like you're not either.

Jim
Jim
In the printing industry where they use subtractive colors (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black --CMYK), "magenta" would be close in color.

In the color wheel below the C-0, M-100, Y-0, K-0 means

Cyan = zero%
Magenta = 100%
Yellow = 0%
Black (K) = 0%

(in other words "pink").
Big Grin

[Image: 24-parts-color-wheel-with-numbers-cmyk-a...160560.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Since I got kicked out of my first floor office, with the nice skylight and good view of some woods, so DW could work from home and have a first floor office, with a nice skylight and good view of some woods, I built my own office in the basement.  After replacing a casement window with an egress window.

Charcoal office carpet, medium gray bottom half of the walls, light gray upper half, and gray tinted ceiling.  White door and window trim, and gray wall switches and receptacles.  Gray office furniture, with custom color from a used office furniture store that repaints and makes counter tops per the customer's color selection.  

My putty colored LaserJet 5000n is out of place, but it works too well to toss.

I like monochrome.  
Cool
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Grey hair on the office worker too [Image: yellowbiggrin.gif]  [Image: yellowbiggrin.gif]
Other words for pink: Mauve, salmon.
The front 15 feet (by 36 feet) of my military collection building is called the "Sitting Room".

My plan is to paint the North half in Woodland camouflage with Desert camouflage (probably chocolate chip) on the South half.

Yes, it is my Man Cave . . . . errrr . . . . Man Building.
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
https://www.theartcareerproject.com/psyc...or-design/

Pink, on the other hand, represents compassion, nurturing, and love, and depending on the hue, it can make a room playful, feminine, and warm. “Keep in mind, pink has the tendency to go sweet and sappy quickly,” says color expert, Kate Smith. “So, if a homeowner doesn’t want a romantic, girly look, keep lines simple and clean and use sophisticated fabrics.”  That said, pink is a wonderful wall color to create a feel-good atmosphere.  It can be used for “girly” children’s or teenagers’ rooms, or to add glamour or comfort to a dining room.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Pink in weight rooms will make weightlifters lift less. It has a calming effect or something like that, but pink lights are irritating and cause more fights. I read that somewhere. My office is a grey-blue color. I repainted it late last year, it used to be an orangy-yellow. I like the current color a lot better.