Hardwood Floors
(10-14-2020, 08:14 AM)fishhh4 Wrote: Take a look at Lumber liquidators house brands CoreLux ultra they have some impressive wear layer... 7mm/28 mills wear layer.
I have been real happy with mine.
LL linky
I am seeing 12 mill on that smartcore

It's not just the surface I'm concerned with but will pet urine (or any other moister) seep through the joints? What is the composition of the base core of the planks?

Thanks for your input

Jim
Jim
(10-15-2020, 08:17 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: It's not just the surface I'm concerned with but will pet urine (or any other moister) seep through the joints? What is the composition of the base core of the planks?

Thanks for your input

Jim

I used the Smartcore (Lowes) in the laundry and bathrooms in the Nebraska house.  The base of that is some sort of hard rubber, but the 'connection areas' I think are MDF or similar.  Not difficult to ding up, but does go together 'solidly' once you get the hang of it.  As I recall, they don't call for an underlayment.  The LL product recommends one.  They both profess to be waterproof, and likely are in 'normal' use... but probably not if you don't tend to an overflowing toilet right off.
(10-15-2020, 06:03 PM)KC Wrote: I used the Smartcore (Lowes) in the laundry and bathrooms in the Nebraska house.  The base of that is some sort of hard rubber, but the 'connection areas' I think are MDF or similar.  Not difficult to ding up, but does go together 'solidly' once you get the hang of it.  As I recall, they don't call for an underlayment.  The LL product recommends one.  They both profess to be waterproof, and likely are in 'normal' use... but probably not if you don't tend to an overflowing toilet right off.
I just looked at the Smartcore website.  It seems to be a Lowes-only product. 

They have three product lines.  One has a built in subflooring and the other uses an optional floating subfloor.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.