Back and doing everything...
....wrong. my sling is really messed up. typing two-fisted tears up the velcro harness. 

what to do for first project?
Heirlooms are self-important fiction so build what you like. Someone may find it useful.
it's a new shoulder, as of tuesday latest, and am doing all of this typing one handed.

thinking 1st project will be putting together drawers for my chisels and carving tools.
Heirlooms are self-important fiction so build what you like. Someone may find it useful.
(10-16-2020, 05:01 PM)hbmcc Wrote: it's a new shoulder, as of tuesday latest, and am doing all of this typing one handed.

thinking 1st project will be putting together drawers for my chisels and carving tools.

Glad the surgery went ok, I just hate when MDs carve into me..... ha ha
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Do NOT skip the PT and exercises - you will heal faster if you follow the program.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
I had both shoulders fully rebuilt, and definitely listen to cputnam on the PT - do everything they say and stick with it religiously. Met a guy in PT for my first one who did not and he got frozen shoulder - they had to redo it.

For sleeping, a recliner with a pillow on the arm rest under the one operated on while you sleep works wonders. The recliner will be your best friend for a few months.
(10-16-2020, 07:57 PM)jcredding Wrote: I had both shoulders fully rebuilt, and definitely listen to cputnam on the PT - do everything they say and stick with it religiously.  Met a guy in PT for my first one who did not and he got frozen shoulder - they had to redo it.  

For sleeping, a recliner with a pillow on the arm rest under the one operated on while you sleep works wonders.  The recliner will be your best friend for a few months.

Funny I had that done and did what I was supposed to and honestly they didn't last but a few years and now they are worse than ever.  The guy said I had bone spurs and both were torn so they had to take everything apart and clean up and re attach.  Nothing frozen but I am pretty sure I have something like when you pull a chicken leg off going on currently in my right and only slightly better on the left.  I don't see having time to get them repaired anytime soon
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(10-16-2020, 07:09 PM)cputnam Wrote: Do NOT skip the PT and exercises - you will heal faster if you follow the program.

This is true !!!!!! Can't be emphasized too much...work through the pain...I am a year into my recovery from the fall that broke my shoulder and wrist, and still have not regained full use of my right arm and still have some pain..but without the PT I don't think I would be able to lift my coffee cup !!!!!!
Crazy ....A little tip for you...to make the sling more comfortable, slip one of those padded "sleeves" used on automobile seat belts over the shoulder sling...that helped make me much more comfortable and kept the strap from digging into my shoulder..I wish I had thought of it sooner.....heal quickly !
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

hey, thanks everyone! i am still trying to figure out what the surgeon said about setting my arm position--precursor to pt--but i do recognize when it is in wrong spot; otherwise it's time for drugs. I hate drugs; 'been there with the surgeon. (fyi, am only here when on drugs and think i'm ok.) Got it??? 
Crazy

Oh, jeeze, will never live that one down.... Reset! Control-Alt.-Delete!

--
---
----
I'm sucking up all your care advice and tips while trying to cut my arms off. .... OH, btw, they had this really shiny steel mallet on the table when we rolled into OR. I started looking for more goodies until I realized where we were. Flashes of a tenderizer mallet danced through a child's eyes..... 

and, the nurse moved to block my view.

Oops!  Gears gnashing...
I think I am doing better now. 
Rolleyes

I need a case for my various chisels, knives, and carving tools. A design has been fermenting for some time. The drawers, and boxed drawers need to be minimal and yet lock the tools in place. 

Using a typical set of 10 Oire nomi, the following layout can be accommodated by a shy 15-inch square by 11-inch deep (1x12) drawer box. The same dimensions will fit Lee Valley PM chisels. 

So, a case of 15-inches width and height with 7 drawers will contain most of my carving and chiseling tools. Posting the plan of this case will be problematic at this time. I've lost the ability to print DWG files.

(Note: the images shown in this post are internet borrowed. They have similar characteristics to those I plan to build.)
I had both shoulders replaced in 2017 and am back to being able to do all that I used to do. Follow the PT as others have suggested. I am currently building a new work bench and I am smart enough now to know that I will need a little help with the milling of the bench top
Smile

Best wishes on your recovery!

John
Formerly known as John's Woodshop