Back and doing everything...
  Re: Back and doing everything... by hbmcc (....wrong. my sling ...)
Thanks for the advice, John. I think all here have a consensus of remarks: Follow drs. rules. But mine told me to remove the sling when he saw me a couple days ago, and do non-resist rotations. I'm still not sure where the crazy thing should rest. Swelling may dictate that in a couple days. 

I am so glad to have made the move after procrastinating for 15 years. So far there has been less pain than I expected. Nothing compared to the unknown of reaching for something in daily routine.

Number One Guidance for Shoulder Recovery:
It's OK to pound wood with a hammer using vertical strokes pivoting at the elbow. However, picking up the hammer may be a problem. It's not OK swinging the hammer horizontally. Voices at all points of the arm and body will announce otherwise. Listen to Body. FMMV.
Heirlooms are self-important fiction so build what you like. Someone may find it useful.