Problem with my Sawstop
It’s shutting down mid-cut. It seems to be some internal overload stopping it.
blade has been sharpened recently and the fence is square so no burning. If I take very light cuts I can get the job done, but it’s annoying and slow. I’m cutting 4/4 stock (fir, this time) so not overly thick. 
This is the 5hp version.
Any ideas to perdue? I’m not seeing much about this in the manual.
VH07V  
I have the PCS and fortunately no problems so far. Sorry I can't help but have called SS tech support in the past with good results. My guess is they will be able to pinpoint the problem in short order.

Good luck,

Doug
(10-18-2020, 01:45 PM)EightFingers Wrote: It’s shutting down mid-cut. It seems to be some internal overload stopping it.
blade has been sharpened recently and the fence is square so no burning. If I take very light cuts I can get the job done, but it’s annoying and slow. I’m cutting 4/4 stock (fir, this time) so not overly thick. 
This is the 5hp version.

I've not had any problems with mine, but I wonder if it may be more important to keep the cabinet 'clean' due to the electronics?
(10-18-2020, 01:45 PM)EightFingers Wrote: It’s shutting down mid-cut. It seems to be some internal overload stopping it.
This is the 5hp version.

Probably a capacitor.   See if one is swelled up or bulging.  Or a centrifugal switch issue.   Roly
Check spacing between blade and break. Prob needs adjusted. Easy to do. Get your manual or down load it.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Blade spins freely, cabinet is clean. Motor spins up normally. Checking caps next.
My first thought is maybe it’s only getting 110 of the 220 volts, but that’s not the case either.
VH07V  
Did you call them to ask if they have any ideas?  They seem pretty on top of things.
I had a similar problem, a couple of years ago, when ripping some treated deck boards.
The saw would just stop, and the blade spin down.
Restarted fine, then it would stop again.
Finally started the saw in safe mode, since I only had a couple of cuts to finish, and had no more trouble.
I blamed it on the wood being too wet-typical of treated wood.
I have not had any problem since.
(10-18-2020, 07:48 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: Check spacing between blade and break. Prob needs adjusted. Easy to do. Get your manual or down load it.

Spacing between blade and riving knife or brake has my vote.  It is easy to adjust, and if wrong will shut down as described.
Any resolution to this? It has my interest.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.