Problem with my Sawstop
I’m calling them Monday. I set aside some time so I can see it through. Will let you know what happens.
VH07V  
It would be really helpful (to Saw Stop, as well as yourself) to measure the unloaded current draw of the motor.  If the run cap is bad, it'll read higher than it should, though that can also mean other bad things.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Don’t have an ammeter.
VH07V  
Then I would pop the covers and check the caps for swelling and/or leaking.  

The other test you can make would be removing the blade, or better yet, the drive belt, start the motor, shut it off, and listen for the centrifugal switch to close as it spools down.  No closing sound means it's either stuck open, which is not likely, or stuck closed, which will cause the motor to draw excessive current while running.  

Beyond that, you either need to test some electrical things like current, resistance, and capacitance, or change some parts, or crack open the motor to test, fix, or lube the centrifugal switch.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Brake to blade spacing is a measured distance, not just that it spins freely. Could be too far away. Did you read the manual.like I suggested?

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(10-26-2020, 07:14 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: Brake to blade spacing is a measured distance, not just that it spins freely. Could be too far away. Did you read the manual.like I suggested?

I still agree with BloomingtonMike. It's a 30 second adjustment, using a wrench that came with the saw, to adjust to a gauge that came with the saw.
Will look at that tomorrow.
VH07V  
(10-26-2020, 07:14 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: Brake to blade spacing is a measured distance, not just that it spins freely. Could be too far away. Did you read the manual.like I suggested?
It passed the “nickel test”.

Everything looked clean, but I decided to blow it out anyway. Spent 45 minutes on it and there was some dust, but not a lot.

Will test again later.
VH07V  
Maybe I missed it but did you ever call Sawstop Tech Support?

Doug
I haven’t called yet, I wanted to run through as many things on my own first.*

* Along with suggestions here!
VH07V