Where Do You Keep Your 10” Bandsaw?
I have a new-to-me 10” bandsaw and trying to figure out what to do with it to keep it accessible. I don’t have an open bench or table at the moment. I can probably build a cart and would like to get some ideas on what others have done with these.

John
What I found in my shop, is that unless you have bench space for a small bandsaw, you end up making/buying a stand to put it on. Once you do that, then you may as well have a larger more capable bandsaw because the footprint will almost be the same. It's a slippery slope. LOL
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
Thanks for that. I’m keeping this only because it came from my FIL when he passed and my MIL wanted to be sure I got it. I have a 14, 16 & 18, with the 16 dedicated to resawing (it’s an MM16) so no real need for this but it will hang around my shop for a while. Guess I’ll build a small cart for it that can store other things.
Out of curiosity, what kind of BS is it?  

I have my Dad's 1950's Gumby Head Delta 10" on a welded stand.  I don't know the precise vintage, but the welded flare-leg stand puts it back pretty far, as Delta went with bolts for modularity long ago.  Sentimental value and all that.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Have an old kitchen cabinet to sit it on? Then mount castors on the cabinet.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Great idea - a neighbor is getting rid of some cabinets so maybe they have something that will work. Otherwise, I’ll build a box this weekend and throw some wheels on it.

The saw is nothing unique - an older Rikon from when they were green. Figure it will be good for some quick fine work. He has the Carter tracking guide on it as well.
That's a great little saw.
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
(10-19-2020, 07:15 PM)jcredding Wrote: Great idea - a neighbor is getting rid of some cabinets so maybe they have something that will work. Otherwise, I’ll build a box this weekend and throw some wheels on it.

The saw is nothing unique - an older Rikon from when they were green.  Figure it will be good for some quick fine work.  He has the Carter tracking guide on it as well.

Nice saw. Perhaps there are some small bandsaw boxes in your future.

If you have to build something, you might want to consider making it a flip-top cabinet with the BS on one side of the top and something else taking up room on the bench now on the other side of the top.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
That's a nice little saw it was my first bandsaw. Sometimes I wish I had kept it to use a small blade on for scroll work.
(10-18-2020, 09:17 PM)Lumber Yard® Wrote: What I found in my shop, is that unless you have bench space for a small bandsaw, you end up making/buying a stand to put it on. Once you do that, then you may as well have a larger more capable bandsaw because the footprint will almost be the same. It's a slippery slope. LOL

Ditto that
Mike

I work on the 50-50-90 rule: If there's a 50-50 choice, I'll pick the wrong one 90% of the time!