Forest blade sharpening
I have 2-3 Forest blades that need teeth replaced and sharpening. Has anyone used Forest sharpening services post COVID times and what was your turn around time?

Thanks

(10-19-2020, 06:11 AM)Kansas City Fireslayer Wrote: I have 2-3 Forest blades that need teeth replaced and sharpening.  Has anyone used Forest sharpening services post COVID times and what was your turn around time?  

Thanks

I too like Forrest blades but haven't used their sharpening service. In Springfield, Mo there's a place that I've used for sharpening and tooth replacement with a lot of satisfaction. They are Ballew Saw and I'm certain you can send your blades there. If you intend to come down say for a trip to Grizzley, they're not open on weekends. Assuming you are in KC

Jim
Jim
IIRC it took about 3 weeks to get a dado set and 1 blade back.

I did start to wonder as I never got a notice they received the blades. I never got a response, but the next day I got a shipping notice.
Used them several weeks ago and in the past. I did not notice any difference in there service, always great.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
(10-19-2020, 08:22 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: I too like Forrest blades but haven't used their sharpening service. In Springfield, Mo there's a place that I've used for sharpening and tooth replacement with a lot of satisfaction. They are Ballew Saw and I'm certain you can send your blades there. If you intend to come down say for a trip to Grizzley, they're not open on weekends. Assuming you are in KC

Jim

I'll second Ballew. Great service. I've had a lot of molding cutters made there as well.
I think Jack's son is probably running the place by now.
I used to have an account there and was there often, but haven't been there in several years.
Bought a new powermatic shaper from them, plus a lot of PC tools
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

My uncle has used American Grinding here in KC for his Systi-matic blades in the past. Don’t know if they’re still open. I figured Forest would probably service their blades best. I hate to be without my 8.25” Forest slider blade for too long. I’ve got a backup Freud for the TS.

I'll recommend their sharpening service as well, I've used them a number of times for sharpening and tooth replacement. Service has been great and the blades come back nice and sharp.
In September, I sent two blades to be sharpened and checked over.

I got them back in about 3 weeks. They did a great job.
Yep. I’ve decided to send them to Forest and forego local options. 3 weeks will be ok. I’ll report back.

Any good TS blade sharpening service these days will be computer automated and do a fine job.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.