Part needed for stapler
Yup, ordered the dust cover, it came in, then I discovered why IT failed. The flange nut went away. Item 1 on the diagram below.  So I came in and started to order the $1.05 part and ... 
Upset ... Discontinued. 
Crazy

https://www.ereplacementparts.com/bostit...29635.html

I went to another site... Samey same. 
No

Went to Bostich...
They list the part, notation says contact customer service. 
Mad

For the want of a flange, the tool gets tossed?
I think I could adapt and overcome.  Find a similar pair, like the matched flange and screws used on my shoulder holster.
Better yet, anyone have a dead bostich soldier laying in a drawer you'll sell for parts. 
Wink
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Personally I am looking for part number 22 to repair the one left in my charge.

I will bet you I could make your flange nut. 
Winkgrin

The trigger valve is going to be a little more difficult.  
No
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
(10-20-2020, 11:54 AM)6270_Productions Wrote: Personally I am looking for part number 22 to repair the one left in my charge.

I will bet you I could make your flange nut. 
Winkgrin

The trigger valve is going to be a little more difficult.  
No
If they answer my query saying "sorry, buy a new gun." I can send you the screw if you want to try.  
Big Grin 
 I'd love to get it back working. 
I'm looking thru my gun stuff for the extra shoulder holster screw sets.  I bought a half dozen...

Laugh   But I don't know where they hid during the big move.
Jim in Okie
(10-20-2020, 12:07 PM)BrokenOlMarine Wrote: If they answer my query saying "sorry, buy a new gun." I can send you the screw if you want to try.  
Big Grin 
 I'd love to get it back working. 
I'm looking thru my gun stuff for the extra shoulder holster screw sets.  I bought a half dozen...

Laugh   But I don't know where they hid during the big move.
Let me know if you can't find them (or are just tired of looking for them).
I will give it a go making a new one.  I have a metal lathe and just love to play on it.
Of course, I have one on the stapler I am waiting parts on so I can use it for a pattern.
I hate to throw away something because I can't find a part for it.  Somebody made that part once and I will bet I can make it again (within reason). 
Just imagine how many Ford Model - Ts would not be in the scrap yard, if we couldn't get parts for them.  Of course, I don't see a bunch of Ford Model - Ts in the scrapyard now.  Hmmmmmm........

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
I did some searching. Nada
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(10-20-2020, 04:15 PM)6270_Productions Wrote: Let me know if you can't find them (or are just tired of looking for them).
I will give it a go making a new one.  I have a metal lathe and just love to play on it.
Of course, I have one on the stapler I am waiting parts on so I can use it for a pattern.
I hate to throw away something because I can't find a part for it.  Somebody made that part once and I will bet I can make it again (within reason). 
Just imagine how many Ford Model - Ts would not be in the scrap yard, if we couldn't get parts for them.  Of course, I don't see a bunch of Ford Model - Ts in the scrapyard now.  Hmmmmmm........

I got the reply from Bostitch:

Hi James,

Thank you for contacting us.

We are sorry to hear that you have experienced an issue with locating parts for your tool. The part you are looking for is currently on backorder with no date as to when it will be available. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. 

In case this email does not fully answer your question, or you would like to contact us for any reason, simply reply to this email.

Thank you,
La'Precious
Stanley Bostitch Customer Care
Visit us online at http://www.bostitch.com

If you are willing to give 'er a go and try and make the flange nut, I would love to have this stapler back in operation.  I searched for an hour in different locations, and no luck either.  I can MAKE something work, but would rather have it back like it's supposed to be.  I looked at the new model staplers and not sure I want to try and swap to that one.  I'd probably end up going with a different brand entirely.  As it is, I'm going to have to do something with the female end of the air hose on the pancake compressor.  It decided to give up the ghost right at the end of the job on Tina's "She Shed." 

Winkgrin

When it rains, it pours I guess.  That hose is probably ten years old.  It may just be time for a new fitting, or time for a new hose.  I'll hit home depot in the next couple days and see.  The hose on the BIG compressor is fine and I won't need the small compressor for a while.

Let me know if you need anything... to complete your project.

jim
Jim in Okie
(10-20-2020, 04:15 PM)6270_Productions Wrote: Let me know if you can't find them (or are just tired of looking for them).

+1 .  I bought a mini lathe to make a turn screw for a plane.  I ended up making nearly a dozen, so my price for part has dropped to almost $50 per part.  I can't speak for 6270,  but I am not all that great at my lathe, so I would need all the dimensions, as well as tpi, and also need to know what dimensions are critical and what can be fudged.  Just made a bushing for a bearing, the od of the bushing was pretty critical, the length, not so much, so it was a fun project to do.
(10-20-2020, 05:27 PM)BrokenOlMarine Wrote: I got the reply from Bostitch:

Hi James,

Thank you for contacting us.

We are sorry to hear that you have experienced an issue with locating parts for your tool. The part you are looking for is currently on backorder with no date as to when it will be available. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. 

In case this email does not fully answer your question, or you would like to contact us for any reason, simply reply to this email.

Thank you,
La'Precious
Stanley Bostitch Customer Care
Visit us online at http://www.bostitch.com

If you are willing to give 'er a go and try and make the flange nut, I would love to have this stapler back in operation.  I searched for an hour in different locations, and no luck either.  I can MAKE something work, but would rather have it back like it's supposed to be.  I looked at the new model staplers and not sure I want to try and swap to that one.  I'd probably end up going with a different brand entirely.  As it is, I'm going to have to do something with the female end of the air hose on the pancake compressor.  It decided to give up the ghost right at the end of the job on Tina's "She Shed." 

Winkgrin

When it rains, it pours I guess.  That hose is probably ten years old.  It may just be time for a new fitting, or time for a new hose.  I'll hit home depot in the next couple days and see.  The hose on the BIG compressor is fine and I won't need the small compressor for a while.

Let me know if you need anything... to complete your project.

jim

Yippee!  A project for tomorrow.

I will just remove the one from the stapler I am waiting parts for and duplicate that one.

Stand by.

https://www.mmtoolparts.com/store/stanle...0595200162
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Good luck Jim! The good guys on Woodnet strike again - good on ya, gents! 
Yes

Doug

Who has a classic South Bend metal lathe yet to be fired up. 
Rolleyes