Part needed for stapler
Finished it this morning.  That puppy sure was tough to do on my 10" Regal.  I wonder if this would be enough reason to buy another (smaller) lathe?  Hmmmmmmmm . . . . . .

Anyway here it is.  The 3/4" rare earth magnet was used to hold the part so I would not have to go looking for it, when I dropped it.

Yep, that nut is pretty small and my magnet (and apparently the nut) have a bunch of metal filings stuck to them.

[Image: J3aWEE7.jpg]
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
Nice work.   Did you thread it as well?
You guys have no idea how much I appreciate this.  I would have found a small screw and matching nylock nut the right diameter or VERY slightly larger and drilled out the hole.... But then I would have had a nylock nut on top of my stapler.
Big Grin

Now it will be right and I won't have to upgrade to a new stapler.  Mine is no longer in production.

Cool

I am genuflecting now.

"I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy." 
Wink

Rolleyes
 Ah... Could someone help me up?

Crazy
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
(10-21-2020, 03:23 PM)BrokenOlMarine Wrote: So, the bin for the screw and flange nut were both empty...

Someone wasn't taking care of their inventory.
Smirk
I've been patiently waiting on a $553.00 gearbox to show up, which was supposed to be a 7-10 shipping window.
After 14 days of zilch, I called yesterday morning. Come to find out, the dealer doesn't stock it, never did. They order from Bushog direct and they drop ship.
Well fine and dandy. Then I asked why they haven't answered 2 emails concerning this. Duh......emails? He had no idea.
Smirk

They are to email
Rolleyes  me Monday as to where the gearbox is.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(10-24-2020, 08:44 PM)barryvabeach Wrote: Nice work.   Did you thread it as well?

Yes I did.  Thread was M3 x .50.  I did not have a tap that size so the local NAPA to the rescue.

I thought for sure I would break the tap.  Three millimeter is pretty small.  Oddly enough I did not break the tap . . . but did break one drill bit making the hole.

I thought about cutting a single point thread, but my lathe doesn't do metric.  (That is a joke for those that don't do metal work.  I have no idea how you could single point thread an M3.)

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
(10-25-2020, 05:24 PM)6270_Productions Wrote:  Yes,  a 3 mm tap is very small,  glad you didn't break it. 
The tap was quite a bit less expensive than the bit. 

Don't buy drill bits at NAPA - but it is a great place to buy taps.

The hand made part finally arrived, after circling Des Moines like an airliner in the stacks for days. 
Big Grin
I was afraid after all 6270s hard work, they had lost it. 
Upset
Meh, nine days, but it got here.  
Five minutes to install once I had it in hand.  Tested the stapler, and it works like a champ, and looks perfect.  The part is exactly like the OEM piece.
Now he just needs someone with a 3D printer to make that part he needs for HIS tool. LOL.

Thanks my friend, you don't know how much we appreciate the effort.

jim
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Jim, I am glad it worked out for you. 

We don't get much air traffic (at a non-flyover altitude), so we like to make them go in circles so we can watch them.

Gotta love WoodNet!!!
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me