How to quickly turn off the power to a room
(10-20-2020, 05:13 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Yes. Wire cutters also disable power to a room.
Uhoh 
It's also hard on the cutters.

was installing a new ceiling light.  FIL had wired the switch, so I turned if off, got up on a ladder, cut the romex to length........POW.  

He wired it right, but installed it upside down.  Said he wired it all, then went to lunch, came back and screwed the switch in without thinking about it....

So I had turned it on when I thought I had turned it off....

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

(10-20-2020, 06:53 PM)6270_Productions Wrote: You show me a guy with an Electrician's Belt that doesn't have a pair of wire cutters with burnt notches on them and I will show you an electrician that hasn't cut many wires - or one with a new pair of wire cutters.

Winkgrin 

I carry a pair of cable cutters in my belt.  They are fine now and I am really not looking toward the day when they get burnt notches so I am real careful with the cables I cut.  
No

As well as show me one that doesn't have a U shaped piece of wire with both ends stripped and burn marks on it somewhere in their belt or tool bags...