Viking Campfire Chair for a small child?
I’ve made 3 adult Viking campfire chairs.  SIL wants one for his partners 3 year old daughter. I made the adult ones out of 6’ 2x12”s. Two 36” in pieces to make each chair. The little girl gets lost on dad’s chair. I’m not sure how much to reduce the dimensions. I will be using a 1x12 for the child’s chair 
2- 30” pieces and shorten the seat 2”?
2- 24”pieces and shorten the seat 2” ? Other ideas?
Jim

There is a good chance
Broccoli doesn’t like you either.
Found a mini and a kid's size on Etsy

Quote:Chair dimensions:

KID VIKING / SLAB CHAIR (Supports up to 70 lbs)
WIDTH 12” x TALL 38” x THICKNESS ¾”- 1 3/8”

ADULT VIKING / SLAB CHAIR
BACK PORTION
WIDTH 11 ¾” “ X HEIGHT 47 ¾” X THICKNESS 1 ½”
SEAT PORTION
WIDTH 11 ¾” “ X HEIGHT 36 ¾” X THICKNESS 1 ½”
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(10-22-2020, 11:11 PM)stoppy Wrote: I’ve made 3 adult Viking campfire chairs.  SIL wants one for his partners 3 year old daughter. I made the adult ones out of 6’ 2x12”s. Two 36” in pieces to make each chair. The little girl gets lost on dad’s chair. I’m not sure how much to reduce the dimensions. I will be using a 1x12 for the child’s chair 
2- 30” pieces and shorten the seat 2”?
2- 24”pieces and shorten the seat 2” ? Other ideas?

One suggestion I have heard for a small child's chair is to scale the dimensions to 2/3 of the adult version. This scales the volume of the chair to about a third. I guess that would match your 24" option.