solid core doors
(10-25-2020, 10:52 PM)MstrCarpenter Wrote: John,  replies like yours are exactly why I love this forum. Thank-you for being an active part of it!

Me too John. Thanks again

Jim
Jim
(10-25-2020, 10:52 PM)MstrCarpenter Wrote: John, I don't foresee making door slabs in the near future, but replies like yours are exactly why I love this forum. Thank-you for being an active part of it!

Likewise! Thank you.
(10-25-2020, 10:52 PM)MstrCarpenter Wrote: John, I don't foresee making door slabs in the near future, but replies like yours are exactly why I love this forum. Thank-you for being an active part of it!

You're welcome.  I'm happy to pass on what I know, much of which was shared with me by Joe Grout when he was a regular participant here.  

John
I lean toward the shaper and door cutters to make doors. I have all the setups so thats why I lean that way.
You have to start out with good, straight, stable stock.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(10-27-2020, 03:34 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: I lean toward the shaper and door cutters to make doors. I have all the setups so thats why I lean that way.
You have to start out with good, straight, stable stock.

I'm usually particular about the wood I choose. When I'm ready to order the wood I'll probably use GW Green in In. A few years ago I took the time to travel there to visit with him and purchase some wood. http://woodsbygwgreen.com/ He seems to always have top grade stuff and he's a hands on guy. No I'm not affiliated with him other than being a very satisfied customer.

Jim
Jim