battery desulfators
Do these things actually work? I have some batteries on various things like mowers and tractor that wont quit start a cold engine even after being on a charger for several days. Once the motor has been running for awhile the battery will restart the engine should it die. Once left to sit for a couple days the battery wont start the engine. For my mower this happens about every 2 years. I have to come up with a better system than replacing batteries every couple of years. I know the desulfator wont fix a dead battery but these still have some life in them.
Judging by the reviews on Amazon, they do indeed have some use, but I've not had any hands on experience with them myself.
Indeed they do. I bought one after I realized my 30 year old charger just wasn't up to the task anymore. I had a Bobcat at the time that probably didn't get run 20 hours a year and had an iffy battery. I put this thing on it (mine is a Batteryminder 128cec1) and left it there for about a week. That battery recovered and never gave me any more problems. I've also used it on a seldom used boat battery (that eventually went to my back up sump pump) and my wife's golf cart battery. For those batteries that just don't see the use and cycle of most cars/trucks, these things stretch their life out quiet a bit...at least that's been my experience. I sold the Bobcat to my neighbor and he hasn't had to replace the battery yet either. For the record, I don't remember paying anything close to that price in the link, mine was $150 from Batterymart.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.