Bandsaw Blade tension Gauge
    I just put a new 1/2” blade on my Bandsaw and it has been several years since I have done this so thought I would ask here.  The gauge numbers don’t look like our standard 1/2”, 3/4”, etc.  The saw is Italian made by Beber, a mini max product so I am not sure if they use metric or not.  I know the gauge is not perfect but I would like to be in the ballpark at least!
Smile
Does anyone else have numbers like these on their saw?
Thank you
Ellie
Don't the numbers have inch units after them?  These guys were too lazy to even adjust the scale for the US market.  Those numbers correspond to 10, 15, 20 and 25 mm.  But they are close enough to 3/8, 1/2, 3/4, and 1" that you could use them as such.    

John
(10-23-2020, 09:05 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Don't the numbers have inch units after them?  These guys were too lazy to even adjust the scale for the US market.  Those numbers correspond to 10, 15, 20 and 25 mm.  But they are close enough to 3/8, 1/2, 3/4, and 1" that you could use them as such.    

John

I did see the “ after but the numbers didn’t seem right.  Thank you for the reply, now I can go out there tomorrow and finish this and get to using it.  Thanks again,
Ellie
Ellie
(10-23-2020, 02:30 PM)Ellie Wrote: I just put a new 1/2” blade on my Bandsaw and it has been several years since I have done this so thought I would ask here.  The gauge numbers don’t look like our standard 1/2”, 3/4”, etc.  The saw is Italian made by Beber, a mini max product so I am not sure if they use metric or not.  I know the gauge is not perfect but I would like to be in the ballpark at least!
Smile
Does anyone else have numbers like these on their saw?
Thank you

Looks like they converted mm to inches as decimals instead of fractions. 

---
See ya later,
Bill
I've always tuned mine by plucking the blade listeneing for a sharp, clear tone.

I converted your decimal inches to fracational and rounded them to the nearest easy units to deal with.

[Image: 40C5BB32-BC4F-4C57-A2BA-6B081D0CE19D.jpeg]
Mike

I work on the 50-50-90 rule: If there's a 50-50 choice, I'll pick the wrong one 90% of the time!