KOKOPELLI
This piece is a 7" x 2" Teak box with a hand carved Sun and Kokopelli figure done in Cherry; the sun was turned then carved and can rotate around Kokopelli's feet. The coloring is wood dye and the finish is lacquer that has been sanded back and then a bees wax coat was applied. With the figure it is 7" D x 5" tall.

Attached Files Image(s)

Whimsical but elegant.

Had to look up Kokopelli.....

a fertility deity, usually depicted as a humpbacked flute player (often with feathers or antenna-like protrusions on his head), who is venerated by some Native American cultures in the Southwestern United States.Like most fertility deities, Kokopelli presides over both childbirth and agriculture.He is also a trickster god and represents the spirit of music

Great work!

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
(10-23-2020, 03:35 PM)shoottmx Wrote: Whimsical but elegant.

Had to look up Kokopelli.....

a fertility deity, usually depicted as a humpbacked flute player (often with feathers or antenna-like protrusions on his head), who is venerated by some Native American cultures in the Southwestern United States.Like most fertility deities, Kokopelli presides over both childbirth and agriculture.He is also a trickster god and represents the spirit of music

Great work!

g

Thank you g
Wow! Amazing.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Kokopelli is well know to us Redskins.

GM
The only tool I have is a lathe.  Everything else is an accessory.
Nice!
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
beatiful piece. well done.
Thank you guys just a bit of fun , I'm working on 7 others now I'll post those in a while.
that's awesome!  
Cool

kokopellis are pretty cool.  did a pillow vase a few years ago with one carved into it.
Great work
I love the carving.