The Koryak - building a rare kayak replica
This boat was commissioned as a display of the frame only, so it won't be skinned. I might shrink wrap it however and give it a quick try just to see if I can stay upright! Anyway, here is the video I made of the process, as well as information about other skin on frame replica builds.

Paul
Well done
friend of mine builds birch bark canoes
like that kayak Tremendous amount of work or labor of love
Cool.

So the paddles are just one-handed, one used on each side (Or however else may be appropriate for the operation)?
Dave Arbuckle was kind enough to create a Sketchup model of my WorkMate benchtop: http://www.arbolloco.com/sketchup/MauleSkinnerBenchtop.skp
Looks like I'm going out on Sunday to try it out. I'll get back with how those paddles work.
These boats have a lot going for them except that they are labor intensive and so that's why you don't see them all over the place.
(10-23-2020, 07:11 PM)paulmon Wrote: Looks like I'm going out on Sunday to try it out. I'll get back with how those paddles work.
These boats have a lot going for them except that they are labor intensive and so that's why you don't see them all over the place.

Another well done video, Paul.

I'll watch again, but didn't you say this one won't be covered?  If so, how are you going to take it out?  Maybe I missed something.

I liked your method for dealing with the miter on the prow of the boat.

I also got a kick out of your barnyard boat building helpers.  When we had a larger flock, they were always following me around on the property hoping I would stir up something for them to eat.  They weren't afraid of me or any machine I have.  They also weren't afraid of the edges of the property where they were vulnerable to Mr. Coyote....
I'll be covering it with shrink wrap. It works amazingly well. And yea, the chicken part is my favorite part of the video (and also the last 10 seconds
Smile)
Well done, Paul. Very interesting.
Cool video. Not so long as to get tedious. I really enjoyed your commentary of lessons learned while making it.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill