Festool 5" sander
Will other 8 hole 5" sanding discs fit the Festool EQ125 sander?

Thanks in advance!

T.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
No, the Festool hole pattern is in a smaller diameter. I had bought one of those on the introductory deal, and I later sold it (for what I paid). There were a couple of reasons, but one of them was the need for another set of sanding discs.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(10-27-2020, 03:27 PM)fredhargis Wrote: No, the Festool hole pattern is in a smaller diameter. I had bought one of those on the introductory deal, and I later sold it (for what I paid). There were a couple of reasons, but one of them was the need for another set of sanding discs.

Thanks Fred. The Festool discs are pricey!

T
www.metaltech-pm.com
Buy Rhinogrip from Industrial Abrasives... cheaper and good stuff! I've been using the RG stuff for many years with my Festool sanders. IA is a great vendor despite the clunky website... they have always treated me well.

5"-9 HOLE RHYNOGRIP HOOK & LOOP DISCS FOR FESTOOL

6"-9 HOLE RHYNOGRIP HOOK & LOOP DISCS FOR FESTOOL
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
(10-27-2020, 04:32 PM)Lumber Yard® Wrote: Buy Rhinogrip from Industrial Abrasives... cheaper and good stuff! I've been using the RG stuff for many years with my Festool sanders. IA is a great vendor despite the clunky website... they have always treated me well.

5"-9 HOLE RHYNOGRIP HOOK & LOOP DISCS FOR FESTOOL

6"-9 HOLE RHYNOGRIP HOOK & LOOP DISCS FOR FESTOOL

Thanks for the tip - I'll give them a try.

T
www.metaltech-pm.com
(10-27-2020, 04:20 PM)Tony Z Wrote: Thanks Fred.  The Festool discs are pricey!  

T

So are their sanders.   Why would you spring for the xtra cost of them and then balk at the sandpaper cost ?   Granat is a really good paper and worth the cost.

What's a real pain is that it's not available a lot of places, and I often have to buy 50 or 100 discs at a time.   So..........

I've switched to this:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DIABLO-Diabl.../311196042

and have been suitably impressed.  Run down and get em most orange BORGs.  

Be sure to use an interface pad though:
https://www.festoolproducts.com/festool-...-pack.html
Nothing wrong with being frugal... the RG I linked above saves dough and performs great. You aren't really sacrificing much of anything by using it in place of the Festool sandpaper IMHO.
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
Like so many things, the initial expense might be acceptable, but the pricier expendables is the real cost over the long term.
I use abranet (same as autonet) with an interface pad.
I buy Rhinogrip for my sanders at 2sand.com. Very pleased.