Festool 5" sander
I'm either going with RynoGrip or Abranet.

Thanks for the help!
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
(10-27-2020, 04:20 PM)Tony Z Wrote: Thanks Fred.  The Festool discs are pricey!  

T

Tony, the only sanding pads I would consider are Mirko Abranet. Best dust extraction and longest lasting.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Sorry I just re-read my post and got it mixed up. I use autonet which is the same as abranet. With the former being marketed towards car guys and is cheaper. AFIK they’re exactly the same. If you use it however make sure to use an interface pad as it’s it’s thinner than regular sandpaper and you could burn the hooks on your pad after extensive use.
(10-30-2020, 10:34 AM)Derek Cohen Wrote: Tony, the only sanding pads I would consider are Mirko Abranet. Best dust extraction and longest lasting.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Already ordered a "variety" pack with the backer, Derek! How have you been?
www.metaltech-pm.com
Good thanks, Tony. You?

Long hours at work, and Telehealth is more exhausting than usual face-to-face consults as one has the extra difficulty of hearing - decoding - what is said via a microphone. Building in the shop is a good recharger, but one needs to be more careful if tired.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
(10-30-2020, 07:25 PM)Derek Cohen Wrote: Good thanks, Tony. You?

Long hours at work, and Telehealth is more exhausting than usual face-to-face consults as one has the extra difficulty of hearing - decoding - what is said via a microphone. Building in the shop is a good recharger, but one needs to be more careful if tired.

Regards from Perth

Derek

We're all doing well! I had a telehealth exam a few months ago, but had many written questions. I like the concept!

At 68, I'm recognizing limitations/aches/pains, etc., hence utilizing power tools more than I did a decade or two ago! I reduced my office time at my plant to about 40 hours/week, have named a VP of Operations to run day to day (until our youngest graduates from college and steps in). I've combated the tiredness, by learning to take short naps and was not hard to do, once I learned to set aside specific time to do so!

Take care and one of these days we'll meet up in person.

T.
www.metaltech-pm.com

I will drink to that.
Smile

Regards from Perth

Derek
(10-27-2020, 04:55 PM)Tony Z Wrote: Thanks for the tip - I'll give them a try.

T

I buy from them they are good.  I also got a belt for my 22-44 from them
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Are those of you using the abranet not having issues with edges and corners? I love the abranet for big flat surfaces, but it just shreds quickly when rounding over edges etc.
(10-31-2020, 06:57 AM)Tony Z Wrote: We're all doing well!  I had a telehealth exam a few months ago, but had many written questions.  I like the concept!

At 68, I'm recognizing limitations/aches/pains, etc., hence utilizing power tools more than I did a decade or two ago!  I reduced my office time at my plant to about 40 hours/week, have named a VP of Operations to run day to day (until our youngest graduates from college and steps in).  I've combated the tiredness, by learning to take short naps and was not hard to do, once I learned to set aside specific time to do so!

T.

Afternoon naps are perfectly acceptable - The advice of my dog
Cool
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard