Safety button on circular saw trigger
I don't know how long they have been on saws, but I got used to them about 40 years ago.

The comment above about the angle grinder is true, it's a bit tricky to operate the paddles. I think those are very simple, probably take them off pretty easily
(10-28-2020, 02:08 PM)joe1086 Wrote: Recently got a couple new power tools that had lock-off features, one of them a Makita miter saw. Seemed like it would be a bit awkward for a left-handed user.

Picked up a 12" comp miter saw for a one off project from Harbor Freight. It has 2 safety switches, both in easy reach of a thumb, one for RH and one for LH use.
Very thoughtful of them...now if it only made repeatable/accurate cuts (Oh, maybe that's on me)
(10-28-2020, 06:46 AM)BrokenOlMarine Wrote: I just got a new dewalt angle grinder with a paddle trigger.  It had a lockout on the trigger.  What a PITA to actuate wearing gloves, which you will certainly be wearing when grinding or cutting with this tool.  
No. I understand the reason for the lockout, but their design sucks for a tool they KNOW you'll be gloved up for safety. 
Big Grin

My Makita angle grinder with a paddle trigger that I bought a few years ago also has a lockout on the trigger.  Just thought that was normal for angle grinders not having an old one to compare with.

Here's my youtube video of using my Makita angle grinder.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfP33CGr89E&t=1s][/url]
(10-28-2020, 09:52 AM)Eurekan Wrote: I've got a 40yr old Craftsman Sawmill with a top mounted safety slide. Luckily it is so old it normally does not work.

Top mounted safety slide to be able to pull the trigger...argg.  Now that would really be hard to work with.
(10-28-2020, 02:08 PM)joe1086 Wrote: Recently got a couple new power tools that had lock-off features, one of them a Makita miter saw. Seemed like it would be a bit awkward for a left-handed user.

I'm a lefty and they are 
Angry
Angry
Angry <<<swearing>>> a PITA.
I also agree with the "lefty" thing. My Father In Law had a cheap "Skil" that I used at his house, and it wasn't a good experience.