tRIM rOUTER
(11-07-2020, 04:27 AM)Derek Cohen Wrote: Why has no one mentioned the Makitas? Both the corded and cordless are fantastic! The cordless is better (a tad more power and a built-in LED), but at double the price.

The dust collection is superb, there are multiple bases available, and it is a super balanced and ergonomic trim router.

On a base of my own (with a LV light) ...

[Image: Main.jpg]

Pretty decent plunge base ...

[Image: Makita_plunge_base.jpg]

Run out was excellent ..

[Image: Collet2.jpg]

Regards from Perth

Derek

I have the Bosch Colt and later picked up the Dewalt set. The Dewalt is now my preferred small router. Haven't tried the small Makita, however I do have two Makita 1101 D-handles that I picked up for a song on Ebay a few years ago; they are now my "go to" routers. Soft start, plenty of power for most jobs, smooth operators and probably one of the quietest routers on the market. Were I looking for a small router I would look at Makita first. 

I also am aware of the quality of the tools Derek Cohen uses. 
Laugh 

Doug
I don't recall if the Makita was available when I got mine. If I was looking now, I'd probably go for it.