Dubuque Clamps
Does anyone use these, and if so how do you like them,
thanks in advance
Good Q, these are on my radar. The bar clamps. USA made, right?
I don't personally own any but every time anyone starts a thread about them it seems like they get high praise for their quality.
Is there supposed to be a pic,if so,I am not getting it.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
They look like and upgrade on the Harbor Freight aluminum bar clamps.  I have some of the Harbor Freight ones and they are quite good for what they are.  I would go ahead and give the Dubuque clamps a try.
I have the Dubuque clamps in 2', 3', and 4'. They are strong, light, and stiff. Great clamps that I use frequently. I also have the Harbor Freight clamps and they are a pale imitation. If you fill their u-channel with wood you can get them stiff enough to be usable. They are backups that I rarely use since I got the Dubuques.

Cliff
‘The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence
Charles Bukowski
Seems like a lot of the big name tool dealers carry them.  Tools for Working Woods does and has a write up with some quotes from a FWW review here-

https://toolsforworkingwood.com/store/item/MS-ABAR.XX

Review in Wood Magazine here -

https://www.woodmagazine.com/review/clam...bar-clamps
(10-31-2020, 07:59 AM)wing nut Wrote: Does anyone use these, and if so how do you like them,
thanks in advance

I like them.

I have a couple sets of bessey k-bodies which have worked pretty well for panel glue-ups.
However, they weight quite a bit and are more awkward to use for assembly gue-up.
I got a set of 50" dubuques for that application.
I've felt they were well-made and suitable for this work.
You might be able to check them out if you have a local woodcraft.

There are other aluminum clamps out there that are cheaper.
These seem to work for some people; others complain about the threads, uneven pads or flex in the bars.
I've seen a recommendation to add a wood infill to help address the latter.

Matt
Phil S. gave the Wood review link on the Dubuque clamps, there you can also find the review on the HF ones - https://www.woodmagazine.com/review/clam...bar-clamps

Something people don't usually mention about the Dubuque is its accessories. For example, you can get miter add-ons to do miter joints, something the cheaper ones don't offer at all.

Truth to be told, the HF or similar ones can do the job of clamping. But if you have the budget, the Dubuques are a joy to use.......not that they can make you a better woodworker, but a happier one if you value them just for their quality/workmanship. Be warned, don't overclamp.....they can leave a mark before you know it.

Simon
Truth to be told, the HF or similar ones can do the job of clamping. But if you have the budget, the Dubuques are a joy to use.......not that they can make you a better woodworker, but a happier one if you value them just for their quality/workmanship. Be warned, don't overclamp.....they can leave a mark before you know it.

+1
S.E. Alabama, formerly from Wisconsin.