Dubuque Clamps
I have several. Awesome. They do not flex like the hf and the screw is high quality. I have mostly longer ones. I'd buy more if i find the right deal.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I doubt if they are available in Canada.We don't have a Harbor Freight.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
(10-31-2020, 09:23 PM)chips ahoy Wrote: I doubt if they are available in Canada.We don't have a Harbor Freight.

Mel

Mel -

You can get Dubuque Clamps from Lee Valley in Canada -

https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop/too...bar-clamps
(10-31-2020, 07:25 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: I have several. Awesome. They do not flex like the hf and the screw is high quality. I have mostly longer ones. I'd buy more if i find the right deal.

The best deal I've found out there is Harry Epstein
(11-01-2020, 06:35 AM)wing nut Wrote: The best deal I've found out there is Harry Epstein

I've not heard of H Epstein, so went out and searched.  Looks like a decent tool site.  Thanks.
(11-01-2020, 07:06 AM)WxMan Wrote: I've not heard of H Epstein, so went out and searched.  Looks like a decent tool site.  Thanks.

I've ordered from them before, always had great service, bought a bunch of pec stuff
(10-31-2020, 11:46 PM)Phil S. Wrote: Mel -

You can get Dubuque Clamps from Lee Valley in Canada -

https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop/too...bar-clamps

Thanks,Phil,I have made a note of that.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
(10-31-2020, 11:20 AM)cpolubin Wrote: I have the Dubuque clamps in 2', 3', and 4'. They are strong, light, and stiff. Great clamps that I use frequently. I also have the Harbor Freight clamps and they are a pale imitation. If you fill their u-channel with wood you can get them stiff enough to be usable. They are backups that I rarely use since I got the Dubuques.

Cliff

Agree. The HF ones do just fine, even without the extra rib, if your joinery is spot on.

But they and the Dubuque ones benefit from a bit of extra stiffness when you've got bigger glue ups or are making silly things like end-grain cutting boards.

The Dubuques are nice in that the crank end clears the workbench top while the tommy bar on the HF ones flops about.

Both styles need to be kept clean of glue otherwise they get very hard to adjust. And both benefit from some soft pads glued to the jaws. I think half of mine have some butt leather scraps glued on, the others nothing and get little blocks of pine or thin ply as needed.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin