Back Home in Indiana with the Atkins -- Envy of the Neighborhood
I was cleaning up the yard a bit, and went ahead to lop down some dead tree parts.   My usual car-trunk Warranted Superior panel saw didn't have enough set in the teeth, so I pulled out the "Wonder Boy" Atkins from the basement.   It delivered!    This is a slightly non-stock one from the Art Deco eras; I changed the nuts from chrome to brass, and at one point changed it from Rip to Crosscut.   It's nice.

Chris

Chris
I have a couple razor pruners--pull style, of course--that handle that stuff wonderfully; sans pitch and sap. Years ago No. 1 son used the pruner, in my car trunk, for carving sand castles at the ocean beach. It didn't work very well after that trip.
Heirlooms are self-important fiction so build what you like. Someone may find it useful.
I don’t know how many TPI you have on that nice saw but I find a tree saw to be the best tool for the job. Use what you have but if there are more than a couple cuts get a big bowsaw or tree saw.
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
(10-31-2020, 11:03 AM)C. in Indy Wrote: I was cleaning up the yard a bit, and went ahead to lop down some dead tree parts.   My usual car-trunk Warranted Superior panel saw didn't have enough set in the teeth, so I pulled out the "Wonder Boy" Atkins from the basement.   It delivered!    This is a slightly non-stock one from the Art Deco eras; I changed the nuts from chrome to brass, and at one point changed it from Rip to Crosscut.   It's nice.

Chris
My Atkins is smaller than your Atkins!.
[Image: IMG-0600.jpg]
Seems Atkins also sold a Sheffield saw?

This one is just a panel saw...
Rolleyes
And the "Perfection" handled Atkins....thinking it MIGHT be a No. 64, or No. 65...
Confused

Maybe?
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
I *do* enjoy the rapier wit of this Forum...

Chris
[Image: IMG-0602.jpg][Image: IMG-0601.jpg]

Atkins made the saw you needed.  No. 392, one or two-man.
(11-01-2020, 12:04 PM)Mike Brady Wrote: [Image: IMG-0602.jpg][Image: IMG-0601.jpg]

Atkins made the saw you needed.  No. 392, one or two-man.

OHHHHHHH AHHHHHHH.
BontzSawWorks.net
+2 !!!

"I've Never Seen Its Equal" !

Chris
I was going to brag on my Disston 114, but that 392 has got me beat.
Smirk