Source for edge sander belts
I've recently gotten a dust collector going so finally can use the 6x108 belt sander but the only belt it came with was old and broke. 

Does anyone have a supplier that they've liked the performance and durability of the belts?

Thanks,
Rich
"Have a very small amount of things to work with." Henri Cartier-Bresson
(11-02-2020, 07:33 AM)richtes Wrote: I've recently gotten a dust collector going so finally can use the 6x108 belt sander but the only belt it came with was old and broke. 

Does anyone have a supplier that they've liked the performance and durability of the belts?

Thanks,
Rich

We've been using some from Klingspor and some from Industrial Abrasives at the KCWG shop. As a shop shared with membership of widely varying levels some of the machines get a bit abused. On the whole, the belts from both hold up under proper and normal use and fail if abused (to heavy a cut, somebody thinking they need to adjust something when they don't know what they are doing, etc.).  

I've purchased from Industrial Abrasives for my own use (we only keep very course, 60 or 80 grit on the wide belt sanders) some 120g and it worked a treat on some face frames and later end-grain cutting board gift projects.  And I've found their hook-and-loop disks as well as sanding sponges in 320 and 400 to be good value. Their sheet sand paper I've got mixed feelings.

https://www.industrialabrasives.com/
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
(11-02-2020, 07:33 AM)richtes Wrote: I've recently gotten a dust collector going so finally can use the 6x108 belt sander but the only belt it came with was old and broke. 

Thanks,
Rich

I sue Industrial Abrasive as well
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
(11-02-2020, 11:13 AM)CARYinWA Wrote: I sue Industrial Abrasive as well

Did ya win?

I have used Supergrit in the past.
WoodNET... the new safespace
Klingspor has always been good for me
I have only bought a few for my new sander. Went with https://www.fintechabrasives.com/
I am very happy with their price quality service and knowledge 
Thanks
Gary