Cordless Drill-Driver Recommendation
(11-03-2020, 11:17 AM)cpolubin Wrote: Take a look at the Ridgid drivers. If you register them properly they're covered by their Lifetime Service Agreement (LSA) which covers the tool and also the batteries. When I've had other brands in the past when a battery goes bad it was cheaper to buy a new tool than it was to replace the battery. I've had a couple batteries replaced under the LSA. And the tools have always worked well for me.

Cliff

+1 on this.  Also, you might check their open box stuff.  I was in there one day and picked up a drill/impact driver kit that that was on close-out (don't ask me why as there were several just like it on the shelf).  Anyway about three or four months later, they had the same drill and driver in their open box stuff for almost nothing.  When I asked about it, the guy said they'd been demo units and that they didn't have batteries or a charger (they did indeed have batteries, as they were in the handles).  Long story short, I got them for a song.  All four work wonderfully, and I've ALWAYS got something charged up.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently motivated fool.