Want to install jet bathtub
I'm thinking "filters" and "on demand water heater".

I have well water (no filtration) and a 40gallon gas water heater 30 feet away.

Sound like a good idea?
Will you use it?  Most don't.

When we moved to our current home, there was a jetted tub in the master bath.  We just don't use tubs.  I took the jetted tub out and replaced it with a closet.  Not the biggest closet ever, but big enough for me.

If you will use it, go for it.
Well since you have well water you should have at minimum a whole house filter and then most well water is hard so you will need a water softener. 

If you want to go with a tankless you will want a water softener even if your water isn't overly hard as it greatly prolongs the life of the heater and reduces the amount of cleaning cycles and cleaning chemicals.

And for the tankless you will want a gas one as electric ones are very costly to install and run. Often you may need to upgrade your elec service and panel to accommodate them. They use massive amperage.

As for the part mentioned will you use it... Most likely not much and I got LOML convinced to not have one in our master bath but to have a 42x72 walk in shower. Now I just have to tile that and the rest of the bathroom... Not going to be fun...
(11-03-2020, 01:05 PM)WxMan Wrote: Will you use it?  Most don't.

When we moved to our current home, there was a jetted tub in the master bath.  We just don't use tubs.  I took the jetted tub out and replaced it with a closet.  Not the biggest closet ever, but big enough for me.

If you will use it, go for it.

I think LOML and I have each used ours one time (in 9 years).   I remember I had a time getting out of it... but that may have been because I thought it might be good for my back... which would have meant I was hurting already.
(11-03-2020, 11:03 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: I'm thinking "filters" and "on demand water heater".

I have well water (no filtration) and a 40gallon gas water heater 30 feet away.

Sound like a good idea?

Several things.  
  • I have a jetted tub in my master bath and have used it a lot, but never alone.  Go for it.
  • My tub holds 110 gallons so my on demand water heater takes a long time to fill the tub.  Well water is cold and if you look at the ratings on the water heater, it gives you a temperature rise versus water flow.  Just because the water heater states it flows 9 GPM, that is assuming the inlet water temp is very high.  If the well water is in the 50s, you will find the max flow of the water heater to be more like 4 gpm.  
  • The water in the tub will get cold very quickly, especially when the jets are running.  My tub has a built in heater to maintain temperature.  That is a must.  
  • Most jetted tubs are white.  With the depth of the water, water clarity is critical.  If you have a lot of dissolved iron in the water, you will need an actual iron removal system.  A filter will not do much. 
IMHO, once the novelty wears off, you probably won't use it.

Stay in a hotel with one for a weekend a couple of times, to see if you'd really like one.
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
There's a local builder who puts them in but he tiles under them now and uses frestanding tubs to make it easier and cheaper to remove them.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

(11-04-2020, 12:57 PM)barnowl Wrote: IMHO, once the novelty wears off, you probably won't use it.

Stay in a hotel with one for a weekend a couple of times, to see if you'd really like one.

Or better yet when you feel the urge to want a big bathtub just go to a hotel for the night..
I know they aren't used much because when I turn on the pump, black crud blows out the jets.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

My BIL put one in when his house was built. Used it a couple times in the last ten years.
VH07V