Jet Cyclone Chip Separator
Well, that's new. Jet introduces a chip-separator cyclone product complete with bin for single stage DCs. 

https://www.jettools.com/us/en/p/jet-cyc...bin/717650

https://news.ohiopowertool.com/new-jet-c...on-filter/

[Image: jet-cyclone1-1300x868.jpg]

Apologies if already posted.
$150 for the phase separator
plus
$100 for the 30gal barrel on casters

from the company that would sell you the vortex plate upgrade for their DC for 1 cent less than buying a new DC.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
It is compact, and it seems possible it may cause less flow resistance than other options.  It's too bad nobody provides any actual data when they sell stuff.
(11-06-2020, 06:23 PM)Alan S Wrote: It is compact, and it seems possible it may cause less flow resistance than other options.  It's too bad nobody provides any actual data when they sell stuff.

a 30 dollar seperator lid and 20 dollar trashcan from hd does a great job. Is this so much better?

I empty the trash can about 15 times before I have to empty the dustcollector, I have a jet1100 dc, setup works like a champ.
I’d try it at about half that price, but I’m not going to pony up $150 to be a beta tester...

I can see how it may be better than a lid that redirects flow around several 90 degree bends but I’d like to see someone with good flow testing equipment do a head to head comparison before I spent money on it.

I’m also thinking a couple of these paired with a couple smaller DCs would be cheaper than the Harvey unit that looks to do about the same thing.

Duke