1/2" Plywood
Looking for 1/2" RO ply good both sides to make my solid core interior doors.

Any known reliable providers?

Thanks
Jim
Jim
Lowes carries red oak ply in 1/4" thickness (good one side).  You can glue them up for 1/2" thickness and get good two sides that way.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
My supplier stocks the stuff made by Columbia Forest Products and it's first rate plywood. You can find a dealer by contacting them. You'll want the A1 grade.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(11-05-2020, 10:29 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: Looking for 1/2" RO ply good both sides to make my solid core interior doors.

Thanks
Jim

I've bought cherry plywood from Rockler in the past.

It was excellent quality.

https://www.rockler.com/shop?w=plywood
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
(11-05-2020, 10:29 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: Looking for 1/2" RO ply good both sides to make my solid core interior doors.

Thanks
Jim

You would be better served with veneered MDF.  The panels will be exactly 1/2"; more importantly, they will be flat and stay flat over time.  Glue them into your door frames and you will have a very rigid, stable door.  

FWIW, Columbia Purebond is OK, not great.  Columbia makes higher quality plywood than Purebond, at over $150/sheet when I bought some cherry a half dozen years ago, but even that isn't as consistent as veneered MDF.  

John
Uh where are you located?, I know a place that has everything under the sun Redding plywood, redding Pa, also you may try windsor plywood if there is one near you they may be just pnw and canada.
"Where are you located?" is the first question to answer. There are not widely known suppliers that may or may not sell to individuals. Industrial Plywood in Reading and Lewistown PA. is one and they do sell to individuals. I've bought a few sheets from them and it was WAY better than what I find at the borgs.  'Course the price was higher than what I find at the borgs - better stuff, higher price -- funny how that works. If you can find a cooperative cabinet shop maybe you could piggyback a sheet or two onto one of their orders.
(11-05-2020, 10:47 AM)Cooler Wrote: Lowes carries red oak ply in 1/4" thickness (good one side).  You can glue them up for 1/2" thickness and get good two sides that way.

This is my plan #2
Jim
(11-05-2020, 01:00 PM)wing nut Wrote: Uh where are you located?, I know a place that has everything under the sun Redding plywood, redding Pa, also you may try windsor plywood if there is one near you they may be just pnw and canada.

I'm originally from the Phil. area. That might be a possibility. Time to visit relatives

I now live in SW Mo.
Jim
Worth noting that gluing up two nominal 1/4" panels together will give you a final thickness of 7/16". Might be OK, might not be.