Milescraft measuring aid
I just got this in an email from Amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WU...em_1p_0_lm

It is purported to be a Milescraft part but it does not show up on their website and I can find no other reference to it online.  I cannot figure out what it does.

Anyone know what this is?  What it does?  How it works?

Addendum:  I found a video on line.  It looks pretty effective.  Has anyone had any experience with this device.  It is just $11.00.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8v_vwJ_whk

[Image: 610VV4OmqvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
It looks like it attaches to outside corners, 90deg and 45deg outside corners. The slots are to hold the tab on the end of the tape measure to hold it at the corner. I'm guessing the sliding arrow locks it to the wall somehow.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

I was close, sort of. It's for measuring the inside deminsion of window and door casing.
I want one. Very clever.

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

That is a nice idea.

Yeah, I think I want one too.

It will save me lots of walking back and forth
to the miter saw to 'shave off a bit more."

IYKWIM.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
It will be in my Christmas stocking

... Kizar Sosay

What if the framing isn't that square?
I will be re-trimming some windows and I will make sure I have one of these on hand when I do.
(11-08-2020, 09:24 AM)daddo Wrote: What if the framing isn't that square?

Get a new square?

... Kizar Sosay

I just ordered one. Finished the weather tight shell on a sunroom addition last week. Six 6' sliders and two 30" x 78" fixed leaded glass windows to case after insulation and drywall; I'll give it a try next week. Customer wants 1/8" reveal on casing which requires a little more accuracy on length. Flooring is being laid diagonally too, but that doesn't have to be too accurate as the ends are covered with base.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
(11-09-2020, 10:37 PM)MstrCarpenter Wrote: I just ordered one. Finished the weather tight shell on a sunroom addition last week. Six 6' sliders and two 30" x 78" fixed leaded glass windows to case after insulation and drywall; I'll give it a try next week. Customer wants 1/8" reveal on casing which requires a little more accuracy on length. Flooring is being laid diagonally too, but that doesn't have to be too accurate as the ends are covered with base.

Let us know how you like it.