Mattress?
I need a new mattress and figured with Black Friday sales this maybe the time. Not sure if they are allowing people to try them but looking for a good quality firm mattress. The one I have now is a Kingsdown " sleep to live" Red series. It is 10 years old and did fine but now with my back getting more and more finicky every year I need some comfortable. Thanks.
John T.
I have the sleep by number inflatable mattress and it is the best one I have ever had.  I have it on an old platform bed.

It comes with an air pump that is fully automatic.  If the mattress loses air it will cycle on and re-inflate it. 

Light weight and easily setup by myself.   I have recommended it to my friends. 

I bought it from the mall store.  Watch for sales--they have them frequently and it can be a substantial amount of savings.

If the budget allows it and you watch TV in bed the articulating bed is a nice feature.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I think you're likely to get many different opinions as this is such an individual choice.

We have Sleep Number mattresses.  Our first was a queen size, and two years ago we upgraded to a king size with split tilting features.  LOML always had issue with regular mattresses, particularly once they became a couple years old and began to sag.  They're "spendy", yes, but when we upgraded, we moved the queen size to our guest bedroom.  Our visitors often comment on how well they sleep there.  The thing about adjustable air mattresses is that they can be easily adjusted everyday as your desires change.

We looked at Tempurpedic, but we thought the foam mattress would be too warm for our preferences.  I've heard some people talk about their foam technology lately that seems to indicate that they may have a way to deal with that warmth.

Don't know what your budget is, but the above options are pricey.  Bottom line is w'eve never been satisfied with budget mattresses.  Other have have, but then again, it's very dependent on individual likes and dislikes.
We have a Sleep Number queen size that's probably more than 10 yrs old, and it is nice mattress. We wanted a king and on a whim ordered a Leesa-hybrid. It's one of those vacuum packed -shipped to the house foam mattresses. We have the one that has a coil/foam combo construction. We love it and for $1600 or so it is a bargain. You can try it for 90 or 100 days and return it if you need/want to.
When LOML was going through several operations, we bought her a mattress made by the Omaha Mattress company that is comparable to Temperpedic. But, half the price and made in America(Nebraska). The adjustable base was made in Tennessee.

It has a cooling layer to prevent the foam from getting too hot(LOML is a certified heating element) and it works well. Hers is a queen and takes a larger fitted sheet(Mattress is about 15" thick).

Both mattress and adjustable base at Nebraska Furniture were right at the same price point of just a name brand mattress alone.
Has anyone used one of these??

https://www.sealy.com/mattresses/lines/hybrid/
John T.
(11-09-2020, 08:38 AM)WxMan Wrote: We looked at Tempurpedic, but we thought the foam mattress would be too warm for our preferences.  I've heard some people talk about their foam technology lately that seems to indicate that they may have a way to deal with that warmth.

I had a genuine Tempurdedic mattress and it arrived folded in a box.  The "crease" never disappeared when unfolded though I was advised that it would.  I would not accept a folded memory mattress.  Do note that only the top layer is actually memory foam.  The rest of the mattress is open cell foam.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Yea I am not looking at any in the box mattresses. Want someone to deliver and take away old.
John T.
(11-09-2020, 03:27 PM)JTTHECLOCKMAN Wrote: Yea I am not looking at any in the box mattresses. Want someone to deliver and take away old.

That does make a difference. The box mattress we got from Leesa was a bear to get upstairs. I had it on a hand truck - I pulled it from the top and my wife pushed it from below. Was kind of fun to watch when we opened the vacuumed bag.
I also have and love a Sleep Number bed.  One nice thing is not only can you adjust the pressure when it is no longer comfortable, you can change the topping on the air chambers.  Depending on the model you buy, it will have some combination of foam/memory foam on top of the air chambers.  After about 10 years I decided to change that out on my bed.  I bought a 3 inch memory foam topper and replaced the existing foam.  You simply unzip it and add the topping of your choice.